It can be overwhelming to figure out what you should be doing as a new podcaster. While there are many paths podcasters can take with their shows, we have a few recommendations to help make the journey that much easier.
Learn what makes a strong podcast, how to build an audience, and how to monetize your show. There’s no shortage of resources at RedCircle!
The first step to podcasting is to, well, create your podcast! While it certainly can be as simple as plugging in a mic and chatting away, we have a few resources ready for you to help start off strong.
- Are You Stopping Yourself from Podcasting?: Learn why it’s never been a better time to start podcasting your passion!
- How to Start Your Own Podcast: An in-depth look at all the important elements needed to create a successful podcast. Learn the five P’s of Podcasting and commit them to memory!
- How to Pick a Topic for Your Podcast: Struggling to find a topic for your show? Check out our tips on selecting the perfect subject for your podcast.
- All the Equipment You Need to Start a Podcast: Want your podcast to sound professional even with a beginner’s budget? See our recommendations for all the equipment needed to start a podcast.
- How to Select the Best Hosting Platform for You: We may be a bit biased with this one, but there are plenty of amazing options out there to fit every style of podcaster.
Recording, Editing, and More
- Podcast RSS Feeds 101: What’s an RSS Feed and why do you need one? Learn all about the technical side of podcasting.
- Best Practices for Recording a Podcast: Learn how professionals create their podcasts and create some great audio yourself!
- How Long Should Podcast Episodes Be?: Is there an ideal length when it comes to podcast episodes? Read more to find out!
- Best Time to Publish a Podcast: There’s a perfect time to publish your show based on these metrics!
- How to Interview Guests for Your Podcast: Inviting guests to your show is a fantastic way to grow your audience. Learn how to interview guests like a pro!
Podcasts require an audience in order to flourish. Check out these articles to learn how to cultivate a community for your show and watch the downloads pour in!
- The Top 5 Places to Distribute Your Podcast: See where all the top podcasts on RedCircle are distributing their show.
- How to Build a Podcast Audience: These tips can help you to create that podcast community you’ve always dreamed about.
- Podcasting SEO Tips to Help Grow Your Podcast: Take advantage of classic marketing tricks by sticking in a few keywords here and there in your show!
- Embed Your Podcast for More Downloads: Have a website to go along with your podcast? Don’t forget to embed your episodes to create a seamless experience for your listeners!
- Should You Post Your Podcast on YouTube?:
- How to Get the Most Out of Your Podcast Analytics: Your analytics can inform you all about your listeners and their behavior. Learn more about them to ensure your show hits all the marks.
Not everyone wants to monetize their show, but if you’re looking to earn a living through your creative work then these articles can help put you on the right track.
- How to Make Money Podcasting: Learn all of the different ways you can monetize your podcast!
- Let’s Talk Revenue Streams: Diversifying with Exclusive Content & Donations: There’s more than just advertising when it comes to earning revenue for your podcast.
- Less is More: How Many Ads Should There Be in an Ad Break?: Is there a perfect number of ads? Yes, yes there is.
- Programmatic Advertising for Podcasters 101: Learn the basics, and the juicy secrets, when it comes to Programmatic ads.
- How to Ace Your First Ad Read: Congrats on landing your first campaign! Knock it out of the park with these tips from successful RedCircle podcasters!
Looking to take your podcast to the next level? Check out everything RedCircle has to offer!