Find Your Weirdos (with Deb Radloff)
WE HAVE MERCH! Official This Wooden O coffee mugs and baseball tees are available on our website with a special 10% Discount (offer expires 3/16/2020). Get yours at http://www.thiswoodeno.com/shop and use code “WEIRDOS” at checkout!
This week Daniel and Monty sit down with actor, yogi, and Rude Grooms Sharer/Founding Member Deb Radloff who has been featured in every RG production going all the way back to Much Ado about Nothing. She shares her story today about finding your wins in the theatre industry, and the importance of community. To learn more, follow her on Instagram @debfindingherwin
- The importance of training for different mediums
- The lies we tell ourselves as actors that inhibit our progress
- Maintaining positive, clear relationships.
- Giving yourself permission to fail.
- The dangers of knowing “just enough”
- Staying focused and positive during career dry spells
- Knowing the difference between what you can control vs. what you can’t
- The self-sabotaging habit of intentional under preparation
- The safety of familiar failure
- The power and terror of being fully present and open.
- Counting your victories, no matter how small.
- Rude Grooms origin stories!
- Finding people you like to do work that matters to you.
- Being proactive about maintaining and building relationships.
- How creativity breeds creativity, and practice breeds preparedness.
- How to find or create your artistic home
- An actor’s secret superpower.
- The camaraderie of community.
- Knowing your worth as an artist.
Music is by Kara Arena, Master of Music for Rude Grooms. Share your thoughts and questions with us @thiswoodeno on Twitter and Instagram, email audio responses to firstname.lastname@example.org, visit us on the web at thiswoodeno.com, like us at facebook.com/thiswoodenopod/, or support us on Patreon (patreon.com/rudegrooms) to join the conversation during livestream broadcasts of every episode.
This week’s shoutouts, recommendations, & further reading include:
- Devin Shackett On Camera
- Letting Go: The Pathway of Surrender- Dr. David Hawkins
- Michele Shay
- Hedgepig Ensemble Theatre
- Richard Easton
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/this-wooden-o/donations