A Prayer for Healing4m | Sep 15, 2022
Not sure where to start? This short prayer will guide you into a thoughtful prayer for healing for yourself and others.
- Share specifically what you want God to heal.
- Lament with the Lord what is hardest.
- Praise the Lord for who He is.
- Surrender to God and remember His sovereignty.
- Psalm 30:2 - O Lord my God, I cried to you for help, and you have healed me.
- Jeremiah 17:14 - Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved, for you are my praise.
- Proverbs 3:5-6 - Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
- Isaiah 55:8-9 - For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
- Psalm 84:11 - For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor. No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly.
This prayer has been adapted from my book Springboard Prayers. If you were encouraged by it and would like 124 other prayers to read when you don’t have the words, grab a copy at valmariepaper.com as well as our other resources mentioned.
Want a journal designed to help you focus in prayer?
Try our monthly format designed to be filled out once at the beginning of the month really intentionally. Then you can pick up daily to pray over several things on your list! Check out our brand new linen journals in the shop now!
Val has a book on prayer!
Go to valmariepaper.com/pray to order Pray Confidently and Consistently, get our no-fail leader’s guide and more!