Shep Hyken: Getting Customers To Return41m | Jun 1, 2023
Shep Hyken is a customer service and experience expert and the Chief Amazement Officer of Shepard Presentations. He is a New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of eight books and has been inducted into the National Speakers Association Hall of Fame for lifetime achievement in the speaking profession.
Summary of Key Points:
- Importance of Being Helpful: Being helpful goes beyond being friendly. It's about understanding the customer's needs and providing the best solution, even if it means suggesting a cheaper product.
- Return on Investment in Training: Training is not a cost but an investment. It has a payback and ROI that can lead to better customer satisfaction and sales growth.
- Proactive Follow-up: Keeping customers informed and in control of their situation is vital. Proactive follow-up builds trust and loyalty even when there's a problem.
- Generational Differences: Different generations have varying expectations and tolerances for service quality. Understanding these differences is key to delivering the right experience.
- Integration of Technology: The merging of technology with human-to-human experiences is enhancing the customer experience. Tools like AI and augmented reality are becoming more accessible and can personalize the shopping experience.
- Creating Repeat Customers: The goal is to create an experience that makes customers say, "I'll be back." This requires understanding what success looks like and training staff to achieve it.