Exploring the Divinity of Jesus: A Theological Discussion with David Capes
In this episode, we delve into the topic of the divinity of Jesus and explore the historical and theological perspectives on this critical aspect of the Christian faith. We discuss the role of Jesus as a redeemer, the significance of his humanity, and the impact of his divinity on our understanding of God and our faith. Our guest is a renowned theologian and expert in the field who shares his insights and research on the development of high Christology in the early years of Christianity.
- The earliest followers of Jesus began to think of him in divine terms within three to five years of knowing him.
- Jesus is an ideal of humanity and the embodiment of God's love.
- The incarnation of God in Jesus is essential for our understanding of God's love and redemption.
- The cross is a crucial moment demonstrating Jesus' unconditional love for humanity and his divinity.
- Doubt is not the opposite of faith; it is a signpost along the way that God can use to guide us.
Keywords: Theology, Bible, Faith, Christian, Jesus, Divinity, High Christology, Incarnation, Redemption, Love, Humanity, God, Scholarship, Heart.
Guest: Dr. David Capes
Book Referenced: The State of New Testament Studies: A Survey of Recent Research
- The One and the Many in the Israelite Conception of God by AR Johnson
- A Man Attested by God: The Human Jesus of the Synoptic Gospels by Daniel Kirk
- Two Powers in Heaven: Early Rabbinic Reports about Christianity and Gnosticism by Alan Segal
- Christology in the Making: A New Testament Inquiry Into the Origins of the Doctrine of the Incarnation by Jimmy Dunn
Please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org