- The Power of Storytelling (interview with Jeff Gomez)
Narratives are the lifeblood of civilizations and communities. The quality or substance may change, but without a shared story, people, and even businesses, will inevitably find themselves floundering aimlessly. Enter Jeff Gomez. From an early age, he realized the importance of immersing oneself in a good story, and despite the roadblocks he continually faced, successfully built an enterprise to help different companies and franchises do the same. Franchises that we guarantee you are familiar with. Join us this episode to hear more about Jeff's story, along with our discussions about transmedia, the way technology has changed storytelling and media consumption, and the current state of social media.
Need a team to bring your project to life? Look no further. Folkwise writes software that respects users' rights, design audience journeys that empower your users, and grow communities full of fans. Shoot us a message over at our LinkedIn page, and we'd be happy to discuss your vision more.
- Jeff's Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jeff_gomez
- Jeff's LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeffgomez/
- "Why Marvel's 14-Year Movie Plan Should Cause Concern For Warner Bros." (Business Insider)
- Alan Jacobs, "[Ursula K.] Le Guin and Forgiveness"
- Nicholas Carr, "How to Fix Social Media"
- Chris Bail, "Breaking the Social Media Prism: How to Make Our Platforms Less Polarizing"
- Marshall McLuhan, "The medium is the message" (video)
- Academy of Ideas, "Joseph Campbell and the Myth of the Hero's Journey"
- Walter Wink, "The Myth of Redemptive Violence"
- Christian Century, "Kelly Gissendaner, prison theology studies graduate, executed in Georgia"
Music was provided by Lean Junio, free of charge. Thanks, Lean!1h 27m | Aug 15, 2022
- Folkwise Introduction
Meet the host, and meet the team! David moderates a great discussion where Monarch breaks down what he thinks is missing in the tech industry and the gang gets sidetracked reminiscing about old video games.
Music provided by Lean Junio and Silverman Sound53m | Aug 1, 2022