- SE4 EP4 - Snakes Alive! (Part 2)
The second part of the band reunion with former band mates Emma and Aaron (Owen had to leave for family duties, such is middle aged life). We talk about cocktails, crisps, songs and therapy. We definitely don't talk about Prince Harry. Closing song is World Before Wireless with 'All Your Clever Words' an unreleased recording that needed airing.1h 7m | Mar 23, 2023
- SE4 EP3 - Snakes Alive! (Part 1)
Band reunion! My old band World Before Wireless got back together after 12 years of not seeing each other to (not play music but) drink booze, eat crisps, and remember when we were so time-rich we could sit in the pub all day after rehearsal. We didn't get big but we did have some great times. This was one of them. Deep.37m | Mar 12, 2023
- SE4 EP2 - A Succulent Chinese Meal
Another episode but this time with a guest who genuinely doesn't want to be on a podcast. A surreal experience. Listen to long time friend Will hate every moment of this rather drunken podcast. I'm a good friend.
The Early Late Night Review Show. Quality? No. Quantity? Also no.
Note: This podcast can also be found on my daily podcast feed The Evening Almanac. Available on all podcast platforms ever. Possibly.56m | Dec 17, 2022
- SE4 EP1 - Alright Needle!
A new season of podcasting! Just when you thought The Early Late Night Review Show had stopped, it returns. Like Covid. Or Small-pox.
This episode is with actor and comedian Andy Obeney and retired (!) comedian Ian Irvine. And of course me, Jamie. I can only apologise.
Apologies, sound is a little echoy for first 2 minutes then oddly sorts itself out. I'm not skilled enough to work out why.
Note, this podcast can also be found on my new daily podcast feed The Evening Almanac - on all podcast platforms you can think of. And some you can't.1h 12m | Oct 22, 2022
- SE3 EP9 - Upside Down ToastThis episode we have returning guest and sometimes co-host Ian Irvine back on the pod to catch up on his life moves, incels and of course, comedy. Closing track is 'Incel' by MCHD Listen to the track here: https://soundcloud.com/mchd97/incel or check out all their music here: https://soundcloud.com/mchd97 Visit www.jamiejacksonati.com to see all my crap. Cheers!1h 0m | Aug 24, 2020
- SE3 EP8 - El JonOn this episode, we have Jon "Lofty", a DJ-come-IT whizz and we have a wide-ranging conversation. The first half is a deep-dive into trauma, therapy, and recovery, whilst the second half is mostly about music, videos, blooper reels and any old chat. The closing song is by Choir! Choir! Choir! And is a cover of ‘Working for the Weekend’ originally by Loverboy. Listen to the track here: https://soundcloud.com/choir-choir-choir/choir-choir-choir-sings-257m | Aug 5, 2020
- SE3 EP7 - Green SmoothieThis episode we have musician and artist Ed B on to talk about leaving his job and investing full time in his talents. Dom also joins us as we sit in his garden on a lovely sunny day and talk about television, UFOs, evolution, conspiracy theories, and David Icke. We also do a lot of pull-ups because we're alpha males. Definitely. Closing track is ‘Watching Television (NPR Tote Bag Mix)’ by Karlo Takki. Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/karlo-takki Bandcamp: https://karlotakki.bandcamp.com Website: http://takkimedia.com/1h 14m | Jul 23, 2020
- SE3 EP6 - More Tea VicarYes, hello and welcome to another episode off the Early Late Night review, where we're joined by creative and academic powerhouses Maren and her partner Alex, who talk about stand up comedy, politics, Brexit, Comedy Unleashed, graphic design and the differences between Germany and the UK. TOTAL BANTER FOREVER. Ian also joins us to explain to everyone he's still Scottish. Just. Closing song is a cover of David Hasselhoff's 'Looking for Freedom' by a band called Rodos you can check out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHIohCUNtzc1h 7m | Feb 1, 2020
- SE3 EP5 - BumhattingIn this episode we celebrate close friend and general person Tom B returning from Australia to start his London life. We're also joined by another person called Tom and of course Ian turns up. Loads of banter on the banter train to Banterville. Unfortunately this train terminates as Low Energy Crewe. But it's a free ride, so what do you expect? Laters.1h 9m | Nov 9, 2019
- SE3 EP4 - Due to an ErrorFor this episode, we're joined by (award winning!) comic Belle Fin as she lets us into her lovely Westminster pad to chat about music and creativity. And we somehow end up down a self-help rabbit hole. This episode is also spliced with exasperated real calls to the Tory Head Office as for some reason Belle Fin's number is also mistakenly given out as some sort of Tory hotline for moaning. The closing song is an instrumental of 'Hello' by Lionel Richie that is performed by Gilles Petry on his Yamaha Genos. You can view this snazzy keyboard and performance on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT1id4ZQcFM1h 6m | Sep 15, 2019
- SE3 EP3 - England vs The Rest of the WorldThis episode we are joined by the very funny stand up comic Philipp Carl Kostelecky (@CheeseCakePCK) as we have a small drink and talk about life, the universe and er, geography, which is frankly, confusing. Ian Irvine also joins us, laughing too loud into the mic, as usual. The closing song is a cover of The Waterboys song ‘Old England’ by Charnia, an acoustic duo from Leicester. Their Soundcloud page is here: https://soundcloud.com/charniaacousticduo1h 14m | May 11, 2019
- SE3 EP2 - If You're Going to Be Bad, Be the BaddestThis episode we're joined by seasoned actor and now stand up artist Andy Obeney and we talk about terrible gigs, terrible schools, being in bands, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and calling people the c-word. Also joined by rent-a-Scot Ian Irvine.1h 15m | Apr 7, 2019
- SE3 EP1 - The Smoky Beckham KidWelcome to Season 3 of the Early Late Night Review Show! We start by interviewing actor, comedian and Aussie Dan who has left Sydney to live in London and find fame and riches. Unfortunately we offer none of those things but onwards and upwards. Also joined by resident gob-for-rent Ian Irvine who also talks about taking to the comedy stage. Enjoy you mothers! And fathers.1h 14m | Jan 23, 2019
- SE2 EP8 - It's Not Dance It's ColdwaveOn this episode I'm joined by Tom A who essentially talks about three things in order: Teaching is hard // music that is good // computers are nuts. That just about sums this up. Closing track is one of Tom's own songs, called 'Finite Wisdom' by his one man pseudo-post-techno-coldwave outfit Revulsion.1h 10m | Sep 12, 2018
- SE2 EP7 - Cheese MeringueThis episode we're in Brighton during the World Cup where we talk about er, mostly other things actually, including getting "Hulk Hoganed". We're joined by Ben Cosmos, Ian Irvine and James Lovell. Closing number is a live version of 'Real American' by Rick Derringer - Hulk Hogan's entrance music.1h 15m | Aug 20, 2018
- SE2 EP6 - The Extremes Pull the MiddleThis week is a fast moving chat covering all things political (sorry) with Ant and Tim aka Fredric Effects. We even discussed Brexit for the first time in 18 episodes without hitting each other. Credit to K*nt and the Gang for a clip of his Nick Clegg song and the closing number is a cover of Man! I feel Like A Woman by the wonderfully named Colin Surname.1h 7m | Apr 29, 2018
- SE2 EP5 - Trevor McDonald's HairThis week features regular talking jock-o-mouth and pseudo-co-host Ian M as we discuss our trip to the flotation tank centre, his trip to Mexico, Trevor McDonald, Jet from Gladiators and Prefab Sprout (ask your mum). Essentially lots of post-ironic banter for the jilted generation. Mostly. Closing song is ‘Take My Hand’ by Matt Barry covered by Brendan Perkins.1h 11m | Apr 3, 2018
- SE2 EP4 - It Destroys Your BallsLots of people on this week's episode. All revisiting idiots and opinion mouths. Varied chat about castration, live music in pubs and live castration in pubs. Also lots about goal setting. Got to be motivated yeah? Closing number is Peter Wheeler's 'Blues Have Got Me By The Balls' https://soundcloud.com/peter-wheeler1h 7m | Feb 25, 2018
- SE2 EP3 - Professional to the LastThis episode we're with mild-mannered grunge-head Aaron C as he chats to us all about Derry, music and not so much about Tim Lovejoy, which is a shame. Though, he's kind enough to play us a tune. Therefore the closing number is 'This Bruise' by Aaron. Obviously.54m | Jan 30, 2018
- SE2 EP2 - Acronyms and InitialsThe one where I talk at you for 40 minutes about being in bands and there are some adverts. No really. Though the story is ok and there are nice bits of music spliced in between the narrative. Give it a listen. First episode without a guest. Normal service resumed sooner or later, yeah? Enjoy. All music is written and owned by me, so no one take this episode down, yo. Closing track is a nostalgic demo of 'Bird on a Wing' by "LKS".47m | Dec 29, 2017