Overcoming Adversity with Randy BrownShow Details41min 50s
Olympics, Real Estate, and Business with Hans StruzynaShow Details41min 59s
Hacking your Fear with Mike SzczesniakShow Details42min 51s
Beards, Fighting and Business with Erik AllenShow Details31min 48s
Being a Jack of All Trades with Yuri BuzziShow Details33min 56s
Leadership & Lifelong Learning with SJ BaraconyShow Details40min 15s
Live Vicariously Through Yourself with Angela MarshallShow Details36min 50s
Going All In with Ken Wentworth (Mr. Biz)Show Details1hr 14min
Self-Worth | Alison Donaghey of Domino ThinkingShow Details42min
Your Brain Chemicals with Loretta BreuningShow Details34min 12s
Self-Compassion | Kamini WoodShow Details40min 11s
Looking at the Markets | David MoadelShow Details54min 18s
Creating a Personal Brand | Bob MacintoshShow Details39min 13s
The Art of Success - Live Event | Andrea Palten & Vinnie EnriquezShow Details58min 9s
Counteracting Stress | Kevin RoseShow Details47min 39s
Mindset, Perspective & Hardship | Artisha Tyson-BoldingShow Details38min
Profit, Purpose, & Pleasure | Kat McLeadShow Details44min 57s
Experience is Greater Than Money | Nick D’UrsoShow Details48min 12s
Just Be A Good Human | Laura BrandaoShow Details43min 43s
Marketing & Personal Branding | Andrea PaltenHide Details48min 46s
48min 46sPublished Jan 16, 2020 at 1:00pm
Jacob talks to Andrea Palten about culture, communities, marketing, personal branding… oh yeah, and her gangster years :). After 18 years of corporate marketing & 10 years of consulting, Andrea packaged up her knowledge and started teaching it to consultants, coaches, and entrepreneurs!She's owned multiple businesses and knows what it takes to scale and grow a business the right way!
- Andrea’s Podcast: Marketing Guide to Grow your Business
- Jacob’s Episode: Balancing your Side Hustle
- She is from Germany and immigrated to US as a teenager.
- Since she was the youngest, she learned English the fastest, and led the family.
- She went to school for journalism, and had to do a story on the Columbine shooting. It was really hard on her to do such a horrible story.
- She did a radio job, and met the CEO. She told him that she wasn’t happy in her job, and he said that he needed a marketing coordinator.
- She worked her way up in marketing, and eventually became an executive of marketing.
- She started teaching marketing and found that her true passion was helping and teaching others.
- Her Dad passed away, and she left her job, sold everything and went to help her mom.
- She decided that “life is short, you don’t know when you are going to go, you need to do what you love.”
- She decided to become a business coach with an expertise in marketing.
Immigration, Culture, and Community
- The younger you are, the easier it is to integrate into a new culture.
- She went from a small town to a big city.
- Andrea got caught up in the Gang culture. She went to places she shouldn’t have been.
- When you get to know people who are different, even when their from a “bad” place, you see that they really are just people.
- Put yourself in a new environment. It will teach you a new perspective on life.
- Where does happiness come from? Will money or worldly possessions make you happy? No.
- We need community! We need to feel welcomed and help other people!
- You can’t run a business without marketing.
- You can’t run anything without marketing.
- What’s the point in running a business if you don’t have any sales?
- There is black hat and white hat marketing.
- The best marketing is being a good person.
- Marketing is vital to your business.
- GIVE, GIVE, GIVE, GIVE then you ASK.
- Provide value and people will be willing to give value back.
- Create real lifelong relationships with people.
Most important marketing tasks
- Find your Niche
- Define your value proposition (you aren’t selling a product or service you are selling a transformation)
- Create a lead magnet
Creating a Personal Brand
- Become a Thought Leader
- LinkedIn is an important platform for this.
- Get a LinkedIn account and start growing your network.
- Most important: create valuable content related to your industry.
- Even if you’re not an expert, start learning! Share the things that you are learning and you will quickly become an expert.
- Your Network is your Net Worth
Connect with Andrea
We work incredibly hard to create our podcast, newsletter, Facebook group and more. ALL of these resources are 100% FREE and we wouldn't have it any other way. We believe that success should be accessible to everyone!
Support our show
Listen & Subscribe
We’d love to hear from you!
Have some feedback about the show? Feel free to reach out to us at podcast@MySuccessQuest.com. You can also rate us in Apple Podcasts or your favorite app to help more people discover the show!
Fitness & Mindset | Adrienne RiveraShow Details40min 49s
Podcasting and Communities | Rom Raviv of Spreading SuccessShow Details39min 17s
Making A Big Ask | Nicole Matthews - Henley CompanyShow Details40min 18s
Utilizing your Brain's Full Potential | Odille RemmertShow Details40min 27s
Change Your Life | Lynda Sunshine WestShow Details42min 26s
Leadership | Scott McCarthy - Moving Forward LeadershipShow Details40min 36s
Leaving your Comfort Zone & Real Estate | Vinnie EnriquezShow Details35min 21s
Public Speaking & Interviewing | Marco YimShow Details31min 35s
Successful Parenting | Samantha Barkley of A Mom Around TownShow Details38min 47s
SuccessQuest 2.0 - Checking InShow Details23min 3s
Patience vs. Complacence | Andrew Engel of Venzo GroupShow Details35min 4s
Business Building, Anxiety, Depression and Spirituality | Manuj AggarwalShow Details32min 51s
Achieving Goals - No ExcusesShow Details26min 15s
Perseverance, Attitude, and Opportunity | Nathan BrackenShow Details34min 18s
Side Hustles and Mentorship | Peter SchmitzShow Details32min 13s
Livestream | Jody SedrickShow Details1hr 13min
Going Viral on LinkedIn | AJ Wilcox of B2LinkedShow Details35min 40s
Success with YouTube & Music Videos | Micah HarmonShow Details25min 23s
Self Improvement Daily & Podcasting | Brian FordShow Details33min 24s
Talents: How to Recognize & Develop Skills & AbilitiesShow Details30min 24s
A Message from KalobShow Details15min 47s
Conquer Overwhelm! Manage your Time & Prioritize Important TasksShow Details31min 20s
How to Survive College | Michael AmalfitanoShow Details31min 17s
Following Your Passion | Mario Thurber of PVC ArmoryShow Details19min 13s
Adventures in Rejection | Leo QuinnShow Details31min 17s
Taking a Break + Guests on Biz 4 Good ShowShow Details2min 48s
Spiderman Far From Home - Mentorship and HeroesShow Details21min 23s
Failure: Overcome, Surpass, & Learn from itShow Details29min 55s
Story Time! 3 Tips for Overcoming Difficult CircumstancesShow Details9min 41s
Emotional Success: Improve Attitude, Mental Health, & Emotional StatusShow Details27min 58s
Spiritual Success: Purpose and Meaning through Prayer, Meditation and MindfulnessShow Details27min 27s
Social Success - Create Meaningful Intentional RelationshipsShow Details22min 13s
Financial Success - Simple Choices Lead to Wealth & ProsperityShow Details27min 27s
Intellectual Success - Continual Lifelong LearningShow Details22min 50s
Physical Success - Make one healthy choice today!Show Details21min 51s
Redefining SuccessShow Details25min 17s
What is SuccessQuest?Show Details16min 37s