Ep. 115: Going through the motions and getting little results
In this episode, Tom Clairmont discusses the common problem of feeling stuck and getting little results in your business. He provides valuable insights on how to overcome this challenge and make significant progress in your entrepreneurial journey. Here are the key takeaways:
- Evaluate Your Approach: Take a step back and assess your daily routine. Are you simply going through the motions, checking off tasks without a clear purpose or strategy? It's essential to maintain focus on the bigger picture.
- Avoid Spreading Yourself Too Thin: While ambition is admirable, trying to accomplish too much too soon can lead to burnout and subpar results. Consider the quality of your work rather than the quantity of tasks.
- Take Breaks and Maintain Focus: Don't underestimate the value of taking breaks to refresh your mind. Sitting in front of a computer all day can diminish your ability to concentrate and produce high-quality work.
- Set Realistic Goals: Instead of creating lengthy to-do lists, focus on setting smaller, more achievable goals. This can lead to better results as you'll have the energy and focus to complete tasks effectively.
- Delegate and Outsource: If possible, delegate tasks that others can perform just as well, freeing up your time to concentrate on areas where your strengths lie. Consider hiring an administrative or virtual assistant to handle routine tasks.
- Repurpose Content: Maximize your efficiency by repurposing content. For instance, create long-form content like podcasts or blog posts and extract smaller pieces for social media, email marketing, and videos. This saves time while maintaining consistency.
- Prioritize Strengths: Focus on building your strengths rather than attempting to excel in areas where you lack expertise. Leveraging your strengths can lead to more significant results and personal fulfillment.
- Maintain Efficiency: By optimizing your daily routine and freeing up time, you can invest your efforts in activities that yield better results, such as building relationships, engaging with your audience, or refining your core offerings.
Remember that building a business should be an enjoyable journey. By working smarter, not harder, you can achieve better results and maintain your motivation along the way. Consider seeking support through coaching or mentoring if you need help in fine-tuning your approach.
Online Course: Solopreneur 90 Day Launch Plan
Receive weekly tips and perspective emails from Tom on having a professional online business HERE.
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/small-biz-essentials/exclusive-content