53: Praying for Your Kids with Laura Wifler45m | Feb 14, 2022
We long to leave a lasting impression on our kids, but when we partner with the Lord in prayer, it’s actually possible! Val visits with Laura Wifler of Risen Motherhood about her own personal prayer life as well as how she’s prayed for and seen God work in the life of her kids. You’ll walk away from this conversation feeling encouraged that prayer makes a difference, even if it’s not exactly visible from the start.
Laura Wifler is the co-founder of Risen Motherhood and serves as the executive director and co-host of the podcast. She is the co-author of the bestselling book, Risen Motherhood: Gospel Hope For Everyday Moments and the author of the children's book, Any Time, Any Place, Any Prayer. Laura, her husband, and her three children live in central Iowa.
Laura's Website | Laura's Instagram
Highlights from today’s episode:
- [2:20] Laura’s current prayer routine
- [7:20] How Laura prays for her kids
- [12:09] Praying for the spiritual lives of our kids
- [17:30] The difficulty of trusting God with our kids
- [21:30] The biggest prayers Laura prays for her kids
- [26:00] Laura’s biggest answered prayer
- [38:35] How prayer was modeled for Laura as a child
- [41:18] How Laura wants to grow in her prayer life
Things mentioned in today’s episode:
- Risen Motherhood by Laura Wifler and Emily Jensen
- Any Time, Any Place, Any Prayer by Laura Wifler
- Prayer Journal by Val Marie Paper
Want a journal designed to help you focus in prayer?
Try our monthly format designed to be filled out once at the beginning of the month really intentionally. Then you can pick up daily to pray over several things on your list! Check out our brand new linen journals in the shop now!
Val’s new book on prayer is now available!
Go to valmariepaper.com/pray to order Pray Confidently and Consistently, get our no-fail leader’s guide and more!