S1. EP. 8 - Starting, Pivoting, and Maintaining w/ Sylvia Petro
In this episode, I will describe how I went from hating exercise and opted for extreme dieting to avoid it, to becoming a personal trainer and lifelong fitness practitioner. Starting was my first goal. Then pivoting my mindset, training, and where I sought information took me to the next level of maintaining fitness for nineteen years.
Despite attempting to reshape my body starting at age 14, as stated in this podcast, I don't count that year as the starting year of my fitness journey. I officially set a goal and committed to a plan after I gave birth to my son in 2002, when I was 17. Yes, you read that age correctly.
- 2002 – Became a mom and officially started fitness journey
- 2004 – US Air Force Top PRT (Top Female Physical Readiness Trainee)
- 2004 – US Air Force Warhawk (for fitness excellence)
- 2005 – Became a certified personal trainer
- (2005-2012) – One-on-one personal trainer
- (2010-2017) – Online personal trainer
- 2009 – Texas Roundup bodybuilding competitor
- 2010-2015 – Fitness modeling contract with Khall – Austin, TX
- 2010 – Insane Home Fat Loss video series participant
- 2015 – Began calisthenic strength specialty & adult gymnastics
- 2016 to present – Continuing lifelong fitness mission
Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle by Tom Venuto: https://amzn.to/3es6bu1
Championship Bodybuilding by Chris Aceto: https://amzn.to/3f1HmUZ
The Functional Movement Screen: https://www.functionalmovement.com/system/fms
Read more about my journey: https://llafit.com/lifelong-affordable-fitness/sylvia-petro/
"7 Reasons Why I Don’t Compete" by Sylvia Petro: https://llafit.com/why-i-dont-compete/
Affiliate links are contained above.
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/llafit-lifelong-health-and-fitness-conversations/donations