- Expression of Body
On this episode of HeadCase, Steph chats with Amsterdam and London based womenswear designer, Max Zara Sterck! She shares her experiences with burn out, understanding one’s body and about maintaining mental wellness within the beautiful, yet highly competitive perils of the fashion industry.
@maxzarasterck50m | Dec 23, 2021
- You Are Accountable
On this episode of HeadCase, Steph sits down with former guest, AJ Diaz to discuss his new company! You Are Accountable is a peer support, testing, and technology platform to help individuals, providers, and families. They discuss how accountability, mental wellness and support aid in beating addictions of all kinds.51m | Aug 2, 2021
On this episode of HeadCase, Steph chats (virtually) with comedy writer and director Jorja Hudson and producer Kelly Stier about their new award-winning, mental health-focused short film, “Withdrawals.” They dive into how the film came to be, experience with mental illness, medications, and how neither of which are one size fits or fix all! Be sure to get your donation-based tickets to their film virtually premiering tomorrow 6/15 at 7:30pm! Donations go to “Comedy Gives Back” and the film will be followed-up by an incredible panel of speakers who are leading forces in the comedy and mental health space!
Get tickets here: https://bit.ly/3xmDSEc
@kelly_stier44m | Jun 14, 2021
- Their Best Start
Happy International Women’s Day and Women’s History Month!
On this special episode of HeadCase, Steph chats with a pediatric physical therapist, Gina Mydlo of “Their Best Start.” She details her journey into motherhood while suffering from postnatal PTSD, anxiety, and depression. She explains how through her experience she’s able to better her patients and new moms who are afraid to discuss this stigmatized topic.41m | Mar 8, 2021
- Run Tell Mom
On this episode of HeadCase, Steph talks with Shelley Kemmerer, founder of Run Tell Mom L.L.C., a company that expecting or established parents, never know they needed! They discuss her life as a clinician, motherhood and how common yet undisclosed pre and post-natal depression and anxiety are today.41m | Nov 23, 2020
- You Are Not AloneOn this episode of HeadCase recorded during the early part of quarantine, Steph talks with popstar and international anti-bullying activist, Meredith O’Connor on how she came to find success through sharing messages of positivity and strength. Including her newest single, “You Are Not Alone.” She is working on a monumental campaign featuring celebrities from all over the world to come out this holiday season inspired by her own experiences overcoming mental health challenges which she will open to about in detail for the first time publicly!
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.54m | Oct 16, 2020
- Therapy is Light
On this episode of HeadCase, Steph talks with mental health educator, Lacrisha Holcomb, MA, LCASA, NCC about the hardships and experiences she faced growing up that lead her to teach others about the benefits of therapy and mental wellness. A true light herself, she shares why she believes mental illness stigmatized within the black community and more on what her exciting future holds.
Follow her on her awesome IG account: @therapyislight
Check out her website: www.therapyislight.com to learn about the wonderful things she has accomplished!
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.47m | Jul 10, 2020
- From Mother to BrotherOn this episode of HeadCase, Steph talks with Mike Ortiz of Gotham Podcast Studio! He shares his very personal experience growing up with both his mother and brother diagnosed with schizophrenia. Tune in to listen to this unfiltered story of the singly most important thing we can have in life, family.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.45m | May 8, 2020
- Perfectly Hidden Depression
On this episode, Steph talks with Dr. Margaret Rutherford, a clinical psychologist, who has practiced for 26 years in Fayetteville, Arkansas. She shares her background as a therapist and in-depth about a type of depression many suffer from without even realizing it called PHD aka “Perfectly Hidden Depression.” Tune in to hear all about how she discovered and treats this issue.
Margaret began blogging and podcasting in 2012 to destigmatize mental illness and educate the public about therapy and treatment. Learn more on her website, https://DrMargaretRutherford.com
Subscribe to her podcast, The SelfWork Podcast
You can purchase her incredible book, Perfectly Hidden Depression: How to Break Free from the Perfectionism That Masks Your Depression, here: https://amzn.to/3bz7GCH
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.46m | Mar 30, 2020
- Concussion Discussion
On this episode of HeadCase, Steph talking with fellow podcaster and food blogger, Cameron Rogers on our experiences with severe concussions. Tune in to hear how her accident not only impacted her life, but changed it completely.
Follow Cameron on Instagram @freckledfoodie and check out her podcast Freckled Foodie & Friends Podcast!
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.56m | Jan 20, 2020
- Let Love Lead
Welcome back to Season 2 of HeadCase! On this episode we have mother, artist, author and mental health activist, Miriam Feldman. She shares how her life drastically changed the moment her son was diagnosed with schizophrenia 13 years ago and how those years have a continue to shape her into the tenacious woman she is today.
Preorder her new book here:
Follow her on Instagram: @mimitheriviter
Check out her website: https://www.miriam-feldman.com/
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.44m | Dec 13, 2019
- Unintended Consequences
On this episode of HeadCase, Steph sits down with Robert “Bob” Hall, author of his incredible memoir, Unintended Consequences. Through insightful vignettes, he describes his life growing up after losing his father at the young age of 8. His hope is for those who’ve lost a spouse and children who’ve lost a parent can read and feel inspired from his experiences because despite a major missing piece, life can be unusually wonderful.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.38m | Jul 2, 2019
- Episode 20: Souls Need Nourishment, Too
On this episode of HeadCase, Steph sits down to discuss a different approach to mental wellness with Elizabeth Tripp of Nourish the Soul. She’s a Life Activator, Light Worker, and Luminary who guides people back to themselves by overcoming the obstacles and traumas that hinder them from taking control and making the most out of life.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.31m | Jun 3, 2019
- Episode 19: One & ManyOn this episode of HeadCase, Steph sits down with sisters, Antoinette and Renee Beauchamp, life & energy coaches for their company One & Many. They discuss their focus on helping women make the most out of their lives by changing their mindset and breaking down the barriers standing in the way of achieving their ultimate goals. Make sure to purchase their incredible new workbook and follow them @oneandmanyofficial!
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.1h 10m | May 13, 2019
- Episode 18 - InvisiYouth Sees YouOn this episode of HeadCase, Steph speaks with Dominique Viel, the founder of the 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, InvisiYouth, that focuses on helping teens and young adults around the world with various chronic illnesses and disabilities live better lifestyles and feel empowered. She goes into detail on the journey that lead her to starting the charity as well as well as the importance of mental health and wellness when dealing with chronic illnesses or disabilities.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.1h 37m | Apr 29, 2019
- Episode 17 - Same But DifferentOn this episode of HeadCase, Steph sits down with twins, Olivia and Isabella Cohen to discuss their experience and struggles with mental health. They share how their relationship as twin sisters has changed overtime as well as their outlook on life with careers in the entertainment industry. Follow them @westcoasttwins!
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.1h 23m | Apr 16, 2019
- Episode 16 - Craigslist Confessional
On this episode of HeadCase, Steph speaks with Helena Bala, the founder of Craigslist Confessional, an anonymous listening project she began while working as a lobbyist in DC in 2014. We discuss how her project has changed not only other’s lives but her own in so many ways. One thing we know is true, we all just want to be heard.
ALSO: Look out for her book on the subject in 2020! And check out the column here: https://qz.com/re/craigslist-confessional/
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.1h 0m | Apr 1, 2019
- Episode 15 - We Met At Therapy
On this episode of HeadCase, Steph chats with entrepreneur, Lindsey Metselaar, who is well known for "We Met At Acme,” a podcast on millennial dating in NYC. She shares her personal story as they discuss the ins and outs of dating when it comes to mental health and how therapy can benefit a relationship more often than not. Subscribe to her podcast and follow her instagram @wemetatacme.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.1h 3m | Mar 13, 2019
- Episode 14 - Textual HealingOn this episode of HeadCase we speak to Neal Sundberg, a mental health counselor who practices in-person psychotherapy as well as online mental health coaching at a telehealth company where he provides text-based coaching services. He explains how facing mental illness since childhood made him passionate about eliminating the stigmas that once kept him from seeking help. Neal is also the cofounder of a design company called BE OK (BEOK_Design), that focuses on bridging the gap of clean and relatable design with the mental health field in an effort to inform and destigmatize mental illness.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.1h 2m | Feb 26, 2019
- Episode 13 - The ABC’s of CBDOn this episode of HeadCase, Steph speaks with Wendy May Real, the founder and CEO of Pure Bloom, a new CBD brand specializing in nanotechnology, science-driven formulations and organically pure CBD products. She shares what CBD is, it’s benefits as they relate to mental health and beyond. (BONUS: there’s a special discount code to her website given when you tune in!)
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.37m | Feb 18, 2019