- Lonnie Franklin, Jr. aka The Grim Sleeper - Ep. 49
Lonnie Franklin, Jr. lived a double life as a charming family man who helped his neighbors with their cars then would sneak around Los Angeles to sexually assault and murder women. He began his spree in the 1980's but after realizing one of his victims survived, he decided to lay low and his next confirmed murder wouldn't happen until 2001. He was dubbed the Grim Sleeper because of his supposed 14-year hiatus. This monster would terrorize the city of Los Angeles for almost 30 years.
TW: rape, murder, death of a child37m | Mar 19, 2023
- The Murder of Terry Neely - Ep. 48
Terry Neely went missing on August 2, 2009 and his body was found 3 days later in unrecognizable condition. Later on, the details of what happened to him would put the city of Phoenix, AZ in a panic. Angela Simpson was arrested and convicted of his brutal torture and murder. She would go on to do multiple interviews, one of which went viral. We'll discuss her cold and calculated demeanor in this episode and our thoughts on this horrific case.
TW: torture43m | Mar 5, 2023
- The Disappearance of Allahnia Lenoir - Ep. 47
For this episode, we are covering a local missing woman, Allahnia Lenoir, who is called “Fruity” by her friends. Allahnia is a 24-year old Atlanta woman that went missing on the evening of July 30, 2022, after an evening spent hanging out with a family friend and two men at the 1660 Peachtree Apartments in Midtown. Despite being told that their daughter was probably a runaway, Janette Jackson and Abraham Lenoir, Allahnia's parents, started putting the word out in every way they could that their daughter had disappeared under very strange circumstances and that she would never have just left. It has been over six months now and there are two men in custody in connection with Allahnia's disappearance and one man, Steven Oboite, who is still a fugitive and the police are asking for help in locating him. Please listen to this episode and share it with others, especially our Atlanta listeners. If this was your sister or daughter, you'd want the same. And please continue to say her name, Allahnia Lenoir!
According to news outlets, there is now a $15,000 reward leading to the arrest of Steven Oboite. There is also an up to $2,000 cash reward for an anonymous tip that leads to his arrest through Crimestoppers at: 404-577-TIPS(8477), or by texting CSA and the tip to CRIMES (274637). Persons do not have to give their name for any identifying information to be eligible for the reward of up to $2,000.
The Atlanta Police Department’s website atlantapd.org, had the following information:
The Atlanta Police Department’s Homicide/Adult Missing Person Unit is still requesting the public’s assistance in locating 24-year-old Allahnia Lenoir. Ms. Allahnia was last seen at 1660 Peachtree St NE, Atlanta, Ga 30309 on July 30, 2022. Ms. Allahnia is 5’04 Ht. and 120 lbs., with black hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a Blue Shirt, Blue Shorts, and Cream Shoes.
If any information regarding her whereabouts, please contact 911 or the Atlanta Police Homicide/Adult Missing Person Unit at 404-546-4235.26m | Feb 23, 2023
- Emanuela Orlandi - Ep. 46
Emanuela Orlandi went missing at the age of 15 under strange circumstances. Her disappearance is described as one of Italy’s most baffling missing persons cases. This episode will take you down a rabbit hole that leads to suspicions of mafia ties, the KGB and a Vatican coverup. We’ll discuss all of these theories and a few others.
TW: kidnapping and brief mention of an alleged sexual assault on a teenager59m | Feb 12, 2023
- The Georgia Massacre of 1973, Pt. 2 - Ep. 45
In part two, we discuss the horrific massacre of the six members of the Alday family - Ned, Jerry, Jimmy, Shugie, Aubrey, and Mary Alday. We'll get into the eventual capture of the fugitives, the confession of what happened to Richard Miller and trials of the men responsible for this awful day in the small, quiet town of Donalsonville, Georgia.
TW: sexual assault, murder41m | Jan 29, 2023
- The Georgia Massacre of 1973, Pt. 1 - Ep. 44In this two-parter, we discuss the events that led up to the tragic murder of the Alday family in Donalsonville, which was the second largest mass murder in Georgia history at the time. In part one, we get into the backstories of Carl Isaacs, Billy Isaacs, Wayne Coleman, and George Dungee and talk about the circumstances in which a killer can be "created." TW: sexual assault, child abuse --- Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/freshlybrewednoir/support50m | Jan 28, 2023
- Richard Speck - Ep. 43You may be somewhat familiar with the case of Richard Speck, or at least heard about 8 student nurses being mass murdered in Chicago one evening in July of 1966, but we will discuss some things about this case that you may not have known and even touch on the history of Miranda Rights. We will discuss Speck's early life, the night leading up to the murders of the 8 student nurses, the sole survivor who hid under a bed, and an interview one of the victim’s brothers gave about the impact this had on him and the other families, as well as how he wanted to pay tribute to the lives of his sister and her friends. Link to John Schmale's interview with the Chicago Tribune about the lives of Nina Schamle, his sister; Gloria Davy; Suzanne Farris; Merlita Gargullo; Mary Ann Jordan; Patricia Matusek; Valentina Pasion and Pamela Wilkening: https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-richard-speck-chicago-mass-murder-victims-20200815-ofyebzxw5jgxrloxvxe4xmezwq-story.html TW: violence is discussed in this episode and there are mentions of rape and a brief mention of a suicide attempt. --- Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/freshlybrewednoir/support37m | Dec 24, 2022
- Takahiro Shiraishi AKA "The Twitter Killer" - Ep. 42
Takahiro Shiraishi was a pretty average child except for the instances when he played a game with his friends where he would choke them until they passed out. Once in adulthood, he would use the social media app, Twitter, to engage with potential victims. He specifically targeted people who were mentally and emotionally vulnerable and who wanted to commit suicide. He'd present himself as some sort of confidant or spiritual guide who would assist them with the act and even suggested he would join them. His intention would be to rape and murder them instead. This despicable killer committed his crimes during August through October of 2017.
If you are struggling with feelings of depression, please reach out to someone. You are not alone. Talking to a friend or a therapist can help in immeasurable ways.
https://988lifeline.org or call 988, lines are open 24/7
National suicide prevention hotline 1-800-273-8255 / https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
TW: heavy talks of suicide and dismemberment.--- Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/freshlybrewednoir/support27m | Dec 11, 2022
- The Disappearance of Asha Degree - Ep. 41
On February 14, 2000, Asha Degree, a 9 year-old girl from North Carolina, packs her book bag in the early morning hours and leaves her home. She is spotted walking by herself on a highway by two passerbys, roughly a mile from her home, but the rest of the investigation doesn't provide the Degree family with many answers. We will talk about the days leading up to Asha's disappearance, what the public was told about her case and how you can help. If you have any information about Asha's case, you can contact the Cleveland County Sheriff's Office at 704-484-482, the FBI at 704-672-6100, or the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, or NCMEC, at 1-800-THE-LOST or 1-800-843-5678.--- Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/freshlybrewednoir/support26m | Nov 27, 2022
- Westall UFO Incident - Ep. 40In this episode, we discuss one of the biggest UFO sightings in Melbourne, Australia. In April of 1966, the teachers and students of Westall High School sighted what they believed to be a flying saucer. Shortly after, the military arrived at the scene and told the witnesses not to talk about what they had just seen. Years have passed and there are still many strange circumstances and questions regarding the incident. We'll discuss the media coverage of the event, possible theories and what seems to be a cover-up. Whether you are a believer or a skeptic, this story will make you wonder. **TW: brief talk of suicide** --- Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/freshlybrewednoir/support45m | Nov 12, 2022
- Vampires of Eastern Europe - Ep. 39
Happy Halloween weekend! To celebrate, we are going to discuss the Vampires of Eastern Europe and early America. We will go into when vampires first appeared in history, the beliefs surrounding them, how it has changed over time, as well as what happened to people, or pumpkins, that were thought to be vampires. Yes, there are vampire pumpkins, so we will give you the ancient remedies to help keep you safe this Halloween.
**TW: lots of morbid talk about dead bodies, blood, possessed vegetation, as well as Eastern European and early New England murderous beliefs (because we can't talk about ridiculous narratives designed to murder people without these two showing up).--- Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/freshlybrewednoir/support44m | Oct 29, 2022
- Joseph Roy Metheny - Ep. 38You may have heard of this infamous serial killer because of him being dubbed 'The cannibal' who would murder his victims and make them into hamburger meat and sell them to customers at his roadside BBQ stand. Join us in discussing what caused him to start his horrid rampage, how he gets caught and his confession. All may not be as it seems. TW: murder, rape, cannibalism, explicit language --- Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/freshlybrewednoir/support46m | Aug 21, 2022
- William Devin Howell AKA The Sick Ripper - Ep. 37
One of the most prolific serial killers in Connecticut, William Devin Howell murdered 7 people in just 9 months. He would lure his victims into his “murder mobile” a large work van, and then bound them with zip ties and duct tape and took them to abandoned parking lots where he would keep them for a day and a half to rape and brutalize them for hours and hours. Then he would strangle them and bury their bodies in shallow graves, in a roughly ¾ of an acre swampy, wooded lot behind a strip mall he called his “Garden.” **TW: This episode contains talk of brutality, rape, dismemberment and murder.--- Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/freshlybrewednoir/support47m | Aug 7, 2022
- Alexander Spesivtsev AKA The Siberian Ripper - Episode 36
Alexander Spesivtsev was a cannibalistic serial killer in Russia known as The Siberian Ripper and the Novokuznetsk Monster. Throughout his childhood, his mother would show him gruesome crime scene photos, which possibly started his obsession with murder. Later in life, his mother took enabling to another level by enticing victims to come to Alexander's apartment where he would brutally torture, murder them, and then sometimes even cook and eat them. This horrifying serial killer is believed to have upwards of 80 total victims. **Trigger warning - rape, child murder, and cannibalism**--- Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/freshlybrewednoir/support38m | Jul 24, 2022
- Henry Louis Wallace AKA The Taco Bell Killer - Ep. 35Henry Louis Wallace would befriend women and then go to visit them at their home, rape them and then strangle and kill them, usually robbing them as well so he could buy drugs. The women were all young, attractive black women who either worked at Taco Bell, where he was a supervisor, or were friends of his girlfriend. After his capture, he confessed to killing 11 women, all friends, one of them he even had referred to as his “little sister." We will cover Wallace's early life, crimes and capture. --- Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/freshlybrewednoir/support49m | Jul 10, 2022
- Adolfo Constanzo - Ep. 34In the 1980s, Adolfo Constanzo took the practices of Palo Mayombe and used it to trick his followers into believing they were invisible and protected. He built what he perceived as a powerful following of drug lords and law enforcement through ritual sacrifice of animals then later escalating to humans. Join us in discussing his life, some of his devoted members, and the search for the victim that led to his attempted capture and demise. --- Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/freshlybrewednoir/support1h 4m | Jun 26, 2022
- The Story of Jan Broberg's Abductions - Ep. 33
For this episode, we will go over Jan Brobergs multiple kidnappings by Robert Berchtold, who was a neighbor and friend of the family. The parents don't contact the police initially because they believe Robert is a good man and will come back with their daughter. But what happens next is truly unimaginable and will leave you questioning how this man was able to manipulate so many people and avoided multiple charges in the end.
**TW: child molestation, child rape and brief mention of suicide.--- Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/freshlybrewednoir/support1h 8m | Jun 12, 2022
- Jim Williams and Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil - Ep. 32In today's episode, we talk about the historic city of Savannah and the crime that shocked its people. Jim Williams was a wealthy antiques dealer and preservationist who made his name well known in Savannah. He was arrested for the murder of his assistant, then later convicted, and would continue to go to trial four times. We'll discuss the trials and his eventual acquittal, the book "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil," and our trip. Cheers! --- Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/freshlybrewednoir/support1h 8m | May 29, 2022
- MMIW: Carol Nora King - Ep. 31
Carol Nora King was an indigenous woman from Canada who went missing in August of 2011. The RCMP waited 3 days to start looking for Carol and that was only after her family flew out to put pressure on the police and investigate her disappearance for themselves. We cover her story, which was under reported in the media, like so many other missing indigenous women's stories are. For more information on how to support the indigenous community, please visit: https://www.csvanw.org/about-us/--- Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/freshlybrewednoir/support43m | May 15, 2022
- Blake Leibel and the Murder of Iana Kasian - Ep. 30
Originally from Canada, Blake Lebiel was born into a life of wealth. He made his way to California to pursue his career in film and graphic novels. He would help create a concept surrounding a neuropathologist who would seek to cure the mind of a serial killer. Soon after, this graphic novel would almost mimic the horrific murder of his then girlfriend, Iana Kasian.--- Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/freshlybrewednoir/support46m | May 1, 2022