The Marvels Box Office, Coyote Vs. ACME May Not Be Dead After All, and More28m | Nov 14, 2023
On the November 14, 2023 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor Ben Pearson is joined by /Film staff writer Ryan Scott to talk about the latest film and TV news.
Opening Banter: Let’s spend the first half of the show talking about box office stuff, and then transition into some film news after that.
In The News:
- The Marvels Heads For $47-52 Million Opening Weekend, A Historic Low For The MCU
- Don't Feed The Trolls, And Don't Blame The Marvels Director Nia DaCosta For The Film's Box Office
- The Marvels Box Office Was Even Worse Than Expected – What The Heck Happened?
- The Marvels Box Office Points To A Major Problem In Hollywood, Not Just Marvel
- Can The Hunger Games Prequel Recapture The YA Box Office Magic For Lionsgate?
Take a break
- Strike Updates!
- SAG-AFTRA board has approved the agreement and sent it off to the members to be ratified.
- Deadline interview with Fran Drescher and Duncan Crabtree-Ireland
- AI stuff from Justine Bateman
- James Cameron Is (Finally) Releasing The Abyss: Special Edition Remastered In 4K In Theaters This December
- Email: Is there any way that the Coyote v ACME can be saved? you guys made some good points. Even a bomb can get $30m. Honestly, if the internet fans could get Snyder some cash to make Justice League (not a fan of either version), surely fans could get this over the line. - Ronnie from Australia
- Warner Bros. Changes Course, Will Allow Coyote Vs. Acme To Be Shopped To Other Distributors
All the other stuff you need to know:
- This episode is sponsored by BetterHelp. Give online therapy a try at betterhelp.com/FILMDAILY and get on your way to being your best self.
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and TV as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps.
- And please subscribe to our newsletter!
- Send your feedback, questions, comments, concerns, and mailbag topics to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on Apple Podcasts, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.
* Check out BetterHelp and use my code FILMDAILY for a great deal: https://www.betterhelp.com/
* Check out Lectric eBikes: https://lectricebikes.com
* Check out Uncommon Goods and use my code SLASHFILM for a great deal: www.uncommongoods.com
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands
Privacy & Opt-Out: https://redcircle.com/privacy