Weekend Box Office and Mini-Water Cooler: TMNT: Mutant Mayhem, Gran Turismo, and More1h 5m | Aug 22, 2023
On the August 22, 2023 episode of The /Film Show, /Film editor Ben Pearson is joined by /Film staff writer Ryan Scott to talk about the weekend’s box office numbers. Later, he’s joined by /Film editor Brad Oman to gather around the virtual water cooler to talk about what they’ve been up to.
In The News:
- Amazon Prime Video Cancels A League Of Their Own And The Peripheral After Previously Renewing Them
- Blue Beetle Dethrones Barbie At The Box Office With $25 Million Opening Weekend
- Blue Beetle's Brutal Opening Weekend Is Very Bad News For DC
- Strays Gets Abandoned At The Box Office With $8.5 Million Opening Weekend
- Meg 2 Swims Past $300 Million At The Global Box Office, But Is That Enough?
- Pixar's Elemental Overtakes Across The Spider-Verse At The International Box Office
- Prey Is Finally Getting A Physical Media Release Following Hulu Debut
- The Mandalorian, Loki, And WandaVision Are Getting Limited Edition 4K And Blu-Ray Releases
At The Water Cooler:
- What we’ve been Doing:
- What we’ve been Reading:
- What we’ve been Watching:
- Ben and Brad watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem
- Ben watched Untold: Swamp Kings.
- Brad watched Muscles & Mayhem: The Unauthorized Story of American Gladiators, Gran Turismo, Blue Beetle, and The Last Voyage of the Demeter.
- What we’ve been Eating:
- Brad tried Late Night Loaded Taco Doritos, Butterscotch Scoop Snickers, Little Debbie Swiss Rolls Cereal, Carmella Creeper Monster Cereal.
- What we’ve been Playing:
- Brad has been getting into pinball.
All the other stuff you need to know:
- This episode is sponsored by BetterHelp. Give online therapy a try at betterhelp.com/FILMDAILY and get on your way to being your best self.
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- The /Film Show is published two times a week, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and TV as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to The /Film Show on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- And please subscribe to our newsletter!
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at email@example.com. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on Apple Podcasts, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for providing the basis for our logo.
* Check out BetterHelp : https://www.betterhelp.com/
* Check out Factor: http://factor75.com
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands
Privacy & Opt-Out: https://redcircle.com/privacy