Mission: Impossible Box Office, Skyjack, All the Light We Cannot See, Pride & Prejudice, and More52m | Jul 18, 2023
On the July 18, 2023 episode of The /Film Show, /Film editor Ben Pearson is joined by /Film staff writer and box office analyst Ryan Scott to talk about the latest film and TV news and gather around the virtual water cooler to talk about what we’ve been up to.
In The News:
- Mission: Impossible 7 Opens Big, But Not Big Enough To Save The Summer Box Office
- Insidious: The Red Door Sails Past $100 Million At The Global Box Office
- The Flash Will Make Less At The Domestic Box Office Than Ryan Reynolds' Green Lantern
- Pixar's Elemental Passes $300 Million At The Global Box Office In Major Reversal Of Fortune
“We’re going to take a quick break, and we’ll be right back”
At The Water Cooler:
- What we’ve been Doing:
- Ryan - wedding planning, went to AZ to see The Misfits
- What we’ve been Reading:
- Ben read All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr.
- Ryan - Sam Neill’s Did I Ever Tell You This, Skyjack by Geoffrey Gray, and Void Rivals by Robert Kirkman
- What we’ve been Watching:
- Ryan watched Dark Knight for 15th anniversary, Spielberg’s Duel, Dead Reckoning in IMAX
- Ben watched Pride & Prejudice, The Day After Trinity, and Casino.
- What we’ve been Eating:
- What we’ve been Playing:
- Ryan - Marvel’s Midnight Suns
All the other stuff you need to know:
- This episode is sponsored by BetterHelp. Give online therapy a try at betterhelp.com/FILMDAILY and get on your way to being your best self.
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- The /Film Show is published two times a week, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to The /Film Show on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- And please subscribe to our newsletter!
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on Apple Podcasts, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for providing the basis for our logo.
* Check out BetterHelp : https://www.betterhelp.com/
* Check out Factor: http://factor75.com
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands
Privacy & Opt-Out: https://redcircle.com/privacy