Guardians of the Galaxy, Star Wars, Writers Strike & More37m | May 8, 2023
On the May 8, 2023 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editorial director Peter Sciretta is joined by writer and box office analyst Ryan Scott to talk about the latest film and TV news, including Guardians of the Galaxy, Star Wars, the Writers Strike and more.
In The News:
- Ryan: Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3 Flies Away To $110 Million At The Box Office
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Is The Win Marvel Needed After Quantumania – But What Comes Next?
- Ryan: James Gunn Originally Planned To Kill Gamora In Guardians Of The Galaxy 2
Mid-Roll Sponsor break: “we’re going to take a quick break, and we’ll be right back”
- Marvel's Blade, Stranger Things, And All The Other Productions Halted As WGA Strikes
- Marvel's Blade Halts Production As WGA Strike Continues
- The Community Movie Is Likely Delayed Because Hilarious Writers Deserve Fair Pay
- The previous writers’ strike in 2007 lasted 100 days, the longest strike (1988) lasted 153.
- Ryan: Superstar Comics Artist Jim Lee Is Now President Of DC – And That Means Something For James Gunn's DCU
- Lucasfilm's Kathleen Kennedy Wants To Release A Star Wars Movie 'Every Three Or Four Years'
All the other stuff you need to know:
- This episode is brought to you by BetterHelp. Give online therapy a try at betterhelp.com/FILMDAILY and get on your way to being your best self.
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- And please subscribe to our newsletter!
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at email@example.com. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on Apple Podcasts, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands
Privacy & Opt-Out: https://redcircle.com/privacy
The /Film Show