- 35 How to Be Wealthier and Happier...A Framework for Anyone
Where to begin your financial journey. A framework for simplifying the overwhelming complexity involved with financial decisions.
Two controllable factors that affect our ability to accumulate wealth over time and our happiness about our finances.
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/fierce-fiduciary-podcast/donations17m | Oct 20, 2021
- 34: Excess Returns, Part 3 of 3
Dan and Brian conclude their discussion of Excess Returns, including the mindset necessary of great investors and indicators that those great investors followed.
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/fierce-fiduciary-podcast/donations54m | Oct 7, 2021
- 33: Excess Returns Part 2
Brian and Dan continue their discussion of Excess Returns
To read the article we referenced, click HERE.
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/fierce-fiduciary-podcast/donations41m | Sep 30, 2021
- 32: Excess Returns Part 1 of 3
Brian and Dan discuss Excess Returns, by Frederik Vanhaverbeke.
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/fierce-fiduciary-podcast/donations35m | Sep 23, 2021
- 31: Investing for Kids
Brian and Dan discuss investing for children, including the various types of accounts like 529 plans, Coverdell accounts, and UTMA/UGMA accounts.
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/fierce-fiduciary-podcast/donations27m | Sep 16, 2021
- 30: Alzheimer's
Dan and Brian discuss some things they learned from a family that went through Alzheimer's disease in their family.
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/fierce-fiduciary-podcast/donations18m | Sep 8, 2021
- 29: Caregiving
Dan and Brian discuss caregiving, including:
- Early warning signs that extra help may be needed.
- Family communication
- Being a caregiver vs being a family member
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/fierce-fiduciary-podcast/donations21m | Sep 2, 2021
- 28: The Psychology of Money Part 3
Dan and Brian finish their discussion on Morgan Housel's book: The Psychology of Money
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/fierce-fiduciary-podcast/donations33m | Aug 26, 2021
- 27: The Psychology of Money Part 2
Brian and Dan continue their discussion of Morgan Housel's excellent 2020 book, The Psychology of Money.
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/fierce-fiduciary-podcast/donations21m | Aug 12, 2021
- 26: The Psychology of Money Part 1
Part one of 3 episodes covering Morgan Housel's book, The Psychology of Money.
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/fierce-fiduciary-podcast/donations28m | Aug 5, 2021
- 25: Risk Part 4: Risk Capacity
Matching your portfolio to your goals. In addition to knowing your own tolerance for risk, you also need to understand the range of risks that may lead to a high likelihood of success. What is the risk capacity of your portfolio? Of you behavior?
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/fierce-fiduciary-podcast/donations11m | Jul 29, 2021
- 24 Risk Part 3: Risk Perception
Understanding how risk tolerance and risk perception may differ.
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/fierce-fiduciary-podcast/donations12m | Jul 22, 2021
- 23: Risk Part 2: Tolerance
Brian and Dan discuss risk tolerance and how it may influence your investment decisions. To find your own risk tolerance score via Riskalyze, just click this link: CLICK HERE
NOTE: Although an email is required to get your risk score, we absolutely will not contact you unless requested.
HINT: The S&P 500 is normally about 75-80 on the Riskalyze scale. The aggregate bond index is normally about 25-30, and cash is typically a 1.
For more about Riskalyze, please visit their website at https://www.riskalyze.com.
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/fierce-fiduciary-podcast/donations13m | Jul 15, 2021
- 22: Risk Part 1: Introduction
Dan and Brian discuss risk. There are many ways to define risk, as well as a few specific risks that may not be obvious.
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/fierce-fiduciary-podcast/donations15m | Jul 6, 2021
- 21: Estate Planning: Beyond the Documents
Dan and Brian discuss potential issues that follow someone's passing, and ways to address them.
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/fierce-fiduciary-podcast/donations16m | Jul 1, 2021
- 20: Choosing Advisors to Interview
Brian and Dan discuss some key factors to consider when choosing the advisors you want to interview before hiring.
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/fierce-fiduciary-podcast/donations18m | Jun 24, 2021
- 19: Basics of Building a Portfolio
Brian and Dan discuss some of the most widely accepted best practices for building a core investment portfolio. Topics include: Risk, Time, Allocation, Diversification, and Rebalancing.
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/fierce-fiduciary-podcast/donations1h 6m | Nov 4, 2020
- 18: The Little Book of Behavioral Investing by James Montier
Brian and Tom discuss James Montier's "The Little Book of Behavioral Investing" Topics cover some of the mental errors we are likely to make as investors, and how to protect our portfolios from those errors. This is a long episode, but well worth the time...or just buy the book!
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/fierce-fiduciary-podcast/donations2h 16m | Nov 4, 2020
- 17: The Ultimate Gift by Jim Stovall
This one really hit us hard. Lessons on life's gifts that go beyond the money. Hard work. Problems. Gratitude. Friends. Giving. Dreams. A Single Day.
Thank you for listening.
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/fierce-fiduciary-podcast/donations53m | Oct 2, 2020
- 16: Questions from the Wild: Advisors, annuities, paralysis, current events, and moreDan and Brian answer common questions they receive from the internet and in real life. They touch on conquering paralysis, P/E ratios, some vocabulary, why should anyone pay an advisor, and more. Thank you for listening. This episode and all content is for information and education only. Although the hosts are qualified, experienced advisors, nothing should be considered personal investment advice or personal financial planning advice. For personal advice, you should work with someone at an individual level.
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/fierce-fiduciary-podcast/donations1h 23m | Oct 1, 2020