- Clip: republicEn.org executive director Bob Inglis on his highlights of 2023
As we close out the year, our executive director Bob Inglis shares his highlights and what stands out from 2023. We will be back with season eight in early 2024. Catch any episode from our past seven seasons on our website!0m | Dec 16, 2023
- Clip: Energy economist Charles Komanoff says that it's totally 'nuts' to displace all nuclear power like California's Diablo Canyon
Energy economist and analyst Charles Komanoff says that it's totally 'nuts' to displace all nuclear power like California's Diablo Canyon Power Plant with wind and solar in the effort to ween our reliance on fossil fuels. You can listen to every episode from season seven online!1m | Dec 16, 2023
- Clip: What you'll hear on this "Best of season seven" including economist Doug Holtz-Eakin
Host Chelsea Henderson provides a taste of what you can expect to hear on our "Best of" season seven episode, including American Action Forum CEO Doug Holtz-Eakin who says a revenue-neutral carbon tax is the best way to address climate change!0m | Dec 16, 2023
- Full Ep18: "Best of Season Seven"
In this last episode of season seven, host Chelsea Henderson relives some of her favorite clips from the wonderful guests we've featured during our current season (August-December 2023). Chelsea and the republicEn.org team also share what they are most encouraged by this past year and hope to build on for 2024.
As always, thank you to all of our listeners for investing their time with us by downloading, listening and subscribing to our show. We're excited to be back with you again in early 2024 for season eight!29m | Dec 15, 2023
- Clip: POLITICO's Zack Colman on the U.S. delegation attending COP28 and what he expects them to hear from other countries
POLITICO's Zack Colman on the U.S. delegation attending COP28 and what he expects them to hear from other countries.1m | Dec 5, 2023
- Clip: Reporter Zack Colman on whether COP28 negotiations will be more difficult being in Dubai
Reporter Zack Colman on whether COP28 negotiations will be more difficult given the location of the conference being in Dubai.1m | Dec 5, 2023
- Clip: POLITICO climate reporter Zack Colman on what the big topic(s) will be at COP28
POLITICO climate reporter Zack Colman on what the big topic(s) will be at COP28 and why language matters. Listen to the entire interview online!1m | Dec 5, 2023
- Full Ep17: POLITICO climate change reporter Zack Colman
The biggest talks in the climate world are underway this week at COP28 in Dubai. The U.S. delegation has arrived and we've got POLITICO climate change reporter Zack Colman joining host Chelsea Henderson this week to preview what's to come.
Colman shares what he thinks will be the biggest item discussed during the COP28 talks, how/if countries will come together to discuss the phasing 'down' or 'out' regarding the use of fossil fuels, how does the location of COP28 in the UAE impact the substance of negotiations and what message(s) the U.S. delegation is expected to hear from other countries.
Everything you wanted to know about COP28 and what to expect is right here on this episode of the EcoRight Speaks!23m | Dec 5, 2023
- Clip: Alexander Gard-Murray answers whether you can retrofit an existing home heating system
Alexander Gard-Murray answers whether you can retrofit an existing home heating system with a heat pump in order to take advantage of a federal tax credit.1m | Nov 28, 2023
- Clip: Greenhouse Institute director Alexander Gard-Murray shares why a heat pump is more efficient
Greenhouse Institute director Alexander Gard-Murray shares why a heat pump is more efficient and environmentally friendly than alternative options.0m | Nov 28, 2023
- Clip: Entrepreneur Nate "The House Whisperer" Adams explains the basics of a heat pump0m | Nov 28, 2023
- Full Ep16: HVAC dudes Nate Adams & Alexander Gard-Murray
We are back after a quick break for the Thanksgiving holiday and temperatures are dropping everywhere as winter is quickly approaching. You won't find two dudes as passionate about HVAC and specifically heat pumps as entrepreneurs Nate Adams and Alexander Gard-Murray.
Nate and Alexander joined our host Chelsea Henderson for a fun and lively convo this week about why heat pumps are more optimal for a home instead of a gas-powered furnace, heat pumps' increased efficiency/benefits and how heat pumps save consumers in costs versus gas furnaces. Finally, they share more about the Cooler Act that they've been working on with federal legislators.
In short, Nate and Alexander help make heat pumps sexy! So catch this incredibly informative episode and learn what options you have to save on heating costs this winter.39m | Nov 28, 2023
- Clip: Aclymate's Mike Smith explains the tools their company empowers small businesses with
Aclymate's founder & CEO Mike Smith explains the tools their company empowers small businesses with to calculate and then address their carbon footprint.1m | Nov 15, 2023
- Clip: Aclymate founder Mike Smith on small businesses being the lynchpin to decarbonization0m | Nov 15, 2023
- Clip: Aclymate founder & CEO Mike Smith shares the mission of the company
Aclymate founder & CEO Mike Smith shares more about the mission of the company. Find out more information about Aclymate online!1m | Nov 15, 2023
- Full Ep15: Aclymate Founder & CEO Mike Smith
Season seven is flying by as we begin to head into the Thanksgiving season. This week our host Chelsea Henderson chats with Aclymate Founder & CEO Mike Smith about climate change, carbon markets, small businesses being the critical piece to de-carbonization and how his company's mission is to make climate accessible to everyone in order to be part of the solution.
Don't miss this conversation with Aclymate's Mike Smith. And make sure to catch past episodes online!34m | Nov 14, 2023
- Clip: Certified floodplain manager Roderick explains loan-to-value ratio
Roderick Scott from the Flood Mitigation Industry Association explains loan-to-value ratio and the insurance markets being devastated by natural disasters.1m | Nov 7, 2023
- Clip: Roderick Scott on how the flood mitigation industry doesn't even discuss climate c
Roderick Scott explains how and why the flood mitigation industry he works in doesn't even talk about climate change. Listen to the entire interview at www.republicEn.org/podcast!0m | Nov 7, 2023
- Clip: Certified floodplain manager Roderick Scott on flooding in his hometown of New Orleans
Flood Mitigation Industry Association's Roderick Scott shares more about his job and the annual flooding he experiences living on the coast in New Orleans.1m | Nov 7, 2023
- Full Ep14: Flood Mitigation Industry Association's Roderick Scott
Natural disasters are putting a strain on insurance markets across the country. Coastal regions and cities are experiencing the biggest pinch with flooding compounded by sea-level rise due to climate change. And this week flood insurance expert Roderick Scott from the Flood Mitigation Industry Association talks with host Chelsea Henderson about problems that are occurring and why.
Scott shares examples of how his home area of New Orleans is being affected by flooding and how the financial industry and insurance markets are dealing with these regular occurrences. Don't miss this informative interview and conversation with expert Roderick Scott!30m | Nov 7, 2023