- Clip: Alexander Gard-Murray answers whether you can retrofit an existing home heating system
Alexander Gard-Murray answers whether you can retrofit an existing home heating system with a heat pump in order to take advantage of a federal tax credit.1m | Nov 28, 2023
- Clip: Greenhouse Institute director Alexander Gard-Murray shares why a heat pump is more efficient
Greenhouse Institute director Alexander Gard-Murray shares why a heat pump is more efficient and environmentally friendly than alternative options.0m | Nov 28, 2023
- Clip: Entrepreneur Nate "The House Whisperer" Adams explains the basics of a heat pump0m | Nov 28, 2023
- Full Ep16: HVAC dudes Nate Adams & Alexander Gard-Murray
We are back after a quick break for the Thanksgiving holiday and temperatures are dropping everywhere as winter is quickly approaching. You won't find two dudes as passionate about HVAC and specifically heat pumps as entrepreneurs Nate Adams and Alexander Gard-Murray.
Nate and Alexander joined our host Chelsea Henderson for a fun and lively convo this week about why heat pumps are more optimal for a home instead of a gas-powered furnace, heat pumps' increased efficiency/benefits and how heat pumps save consumers in costs versus gas furnaces. Finally, they share more about the Cooler Act that they've been working on with federal legislators.
In short, Nate and Alexander help make heat pumps sexy! So catch this incredibly informative episode and learn what options you have to save on heating costs this winter.39m | Nov 28, 2023
- Clip: Aclymate's Mike Smith explains the tools their company empowers small businesses with
Aclymate's founder & CEO Mike Smith explains the tools their company empowers small businesses with to calculate and then address their carbon footprint.1m | Nov 15, 2023
- Clip: Aclymate founder Mike Smith on small businesses being the lynchpin to decarbonization0m | Nov 15, 2023
- Clip: Aclymate founder & CEO Mike Smith shares the mission of the company
Aclymate founder & CEO Mike Smith shares more about the mission of the company. Find out more information about Aclymate online!1m | Nov 15, 2023
- Full Ep15: Aclymate Founder & CEO Mike Smith
Season seven is flying by as we begin to head into the Thanksgiving season. This week our host Chelsea Henderson chats with Aclymate Founder & CEO Mike Smith about climate change, carbon markets, small businesses being the critical piece to de-carbonization and how his company's mission is to make climate accessible to everyone in order to be part of the solution.
Don't miss this conversation with Aclymate's Mike Smith. And make sure to catch past episodes online!34m | Nov 14, 2023
- Clip: Certified floodplain manager Roderick explains loan-to-value ratio
Roderick Scott from the Flood Mitigation Industry Association explains loan-to-value ratio and the insurance markets being devastated by natural disasters.1m | Nov 7, 2023
- Clip: Roderick Scott on how the flood mitigation industry doesn't even discuss climate c
Roderick Scott explains how and why the flood mitigation industry he works in doesn't even talk about climate change. Listen to the entire interview at www.republicEn.org/podcast!0m | Nov 7, 2023
- Clip: Certified floodplain manager Roderick Scott on flooding in his hometown of New Orleans
Flood Mitigation Industry Association's Roderick Scott shares more about his job and the annual flooding he experiences living on the coast in New Orleans.1m | Nov 7, 2023
- Full Ep14: Flood Mitigation Industry Association's Roderick Scott
Natural disasters are putting a strain on insurance markets across the country. Coastal regions and cities are experiencing the biggest pinch with flooding compounded by sea-level rise due to climate change. And this week flood insurance expert Roderick Scott from the Flood Mitigation Industry Association talks with host Chelsea Henderson about problems that are occurring and why.
Scott shares examples of how his home area of New Orleans is being affected by flooding and how the financial industry and insurance markets are dealing with these regular occurrences. Don't miss this informative interview and conversation with expert Roderick Scott!30m | Nov 7, 2023
- Clip: U. of Idaho grad student Colby Field said there needs to be a better way to analyze a farm's true carbon output
U. of Idaho grad student Colby Field said there needs to be a better way to analyze what a farm's true carbon output truly is.1m | Oct 31, 2023
- Clip: Colby Field on carbon storage & resource generation being an 'untapped value'
Agricultural economics grad student Colby Field said the amount of carbon storage and resource generation in farming soil is an 'untapped value.'0m | Oct 31, 2023
- Clip: U. of Idaho grad student Colby Field says adaptability is the most important quality of successful farmers
U. of Idaho grad student Colby Field says adaptability is the most important quality of being a successful farmer. Catch the full interview at: https://republicen.org/podcast0m | Oct 31, 2023
- Full Ep13: U. of Idaho agricultural economics grad student Colby Field
This week we're going back to Idaho to chat with current University of Idaho agricultural economics graduate student Colby Field. He comes from a family of farmers and recently met our executive director Bob Inglis on a trip to Idaho. Farming is vital to our economy and we wanted to introduce Colby to our EcoRight listeners.
Colby talks with host Chelsea Henderson about the unpredictable nature and impact of climate change on the ag sector, the importance of crop rotations and diversifying crop portfolios, the untapped resource generation of carbon storage in farming and the best entry points for agriculture to help on the climate solutions frontline in the Gem State.
Catch this fantastic and informational conversation this week with Idaho's Colby Field!37m | Oct 31, 2023
- Clip: Economist Charles Komanoff outlines the changes in the economic feasibility of nuclear powerClip:
Economist Charles Komanoff outlines the changes in the economic feasibility of nuclear now versus the past.1m | Oct 25, 2023
- Clip: Charles Komanoff said it's "nuts" to be thinking about closing existing nuclear sites
Charles Komanoff said it's "nuts" to be thinking about or even advocating the closure of existing nuclear plants. Catch more episodes from our season 7!1m | Oct 25, 2023
- Clip: Energy-policy analyst Charles Komanoff on nuclear power and Diablo Canyon1m | Oct 25, 2023
- Full Ep12: Energy-policy analyst and economist Charles Komanoff
Charles Komanoff is a widely-known energy-policy analyst and economist who founded and directs the nonprofit Carbon Tax Center. A proponent of a carbon tax as the only way to effectively reduce carbon emissions, Komanoff is responsible for designing and creating the nation's first congestion pricing plan in New York City and he joins host Chelsea Henderson on this week's episode.
Komanoff chats about the economics of nuclear power, building new generations of nuclear plants, his skepticism of solar, wind and hydro's ability to make an economic difference in our nation's energy reliance on the grid. He also talks about the need to keep current nuclear reactors online and his role in helping to stop the closure of Diablo Canyon Power Plant in California. Catch this week's episode with economist Charles Komanoff!33m | Oct 24, 2023