Ep. #444: February 7-13, 1995 with Pete Stein5h 10m | Feb 12, 2024
Kris and David are joined by Pete Stein (for the international sections) to discuss the week that was February 7-13, 1995. Topics of discussion include:
- WCW adding more PPV events to their schedule.
- The upcoming Cruiserweight Title tournament that doesn’t happen for another year.
- Rick and Scott Steiner's impending return, which ALSO doesn't happen for another calendar year.
- Dave Meltzer's thoughts on the DDP/Evad Sullivan angle.
- Some great videos on WCW Saturday Night centering on Ric Flair, Sting, and the Hogan/Vader feud.
- WCW's presence at the New York Toy Fair.
- A wild time in New Japan featuring one of the greatest TV episodes in NJPW history as they went full ECW, featuring Masa Saito becoming the BULLODAWOODS.
- Just which Rayo de Jalisco had actually passed away.
- Victor Quinones running IWA shows in the Dominican Republic.
- ECW becoming a cult favorite promotion in Japan.
- The Gangstas’ feud with Bob Armstrong getting hot and heavy in SMW.
- Sid Vicious turning babyface in Memphis.
- The National Wrestling Council runs a big show in Las Vegas.
- Dick Murdoch does Dick Murdoch things on WWF house shows.
- Why exactly Shawn Michaels abdicated his color commentary job on Raw.
All of that and so much more on a solid episode of Between the Sheets.
1:28:56 Japan: NJPW, WAR, FMW, IWU, Nishi Nihon, & AJW
2:23:02 Classic Commercial Break
3:00:29 Other North America: CRMW, AAA, CMLL, & IWA Dominican Republic
3:24:46 Other USA: Crockett/NWA woes, ECW, All-Star (NC), NCW, SMW, USWA, NWA Dallas, & NWC
To support the show and get access to exclusive rewards like special members-only monthly themed shows, go to our Patreon page at Patreon.com/BetweenTheSheets and become an ongoing Patron. Becoming a Between the Sheets Patron will also get you exclusive access to not only the monthly themed episode of Between the Sheets, but also access to our new mailbag segment, a Patron-only chat room on Slack, and anything else we do outside of the main shows!
If you’re looking for the best deal on a VPN service—short for Virtual Private Network, it helps you get around regional restrictions as well as browse the internet more securely—then Private Internet Access is what you’ve been looking for. Not only will using our link help support Between The Sheets, but you’ll get a special discount, with prices as low as $1.98/month if you go with a 40 month subscription. With numerous great features and even a TV-specific Android app to make streaming easier, there is no better choice if you’re looking to subscribe to WWE Network, AEW Plus, and other region-locked services.
For the best in both current and classic indie wrestling streaming, make sure to check out IndependentWrestling.tv and use coupon code BTSPOD for a free 5 day trial! (You can also go directly to TinyURL.com/IWTVsheets to sign up that way.) If you convert to a paid subscriber, we get a kickback for referring you, allowing you to support both the show and the indie scene.
And if you'd like to support us while checking out the various promotions available on FITE TV, including their FITE+ subscription service, like BKFC, GCW, our friends at AIW and Black Label Pro, and more, you can sign up at TinyURL.com/BTSFITE.
To subscribe, you can find us on iTunes, Google Play, and just about every other podcast app's directory, or you can also paste Feeds.FeedBurner.com/BTSheets into your favorite podcast app using whatever “add feed manually” option it has.
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/between-the-sheets/donations
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands