Ep. #412: June 28-July 4, 2005 with Kaia McKenna6h 54m | Jul 3, 2023
Kris & David are joined by Kaia McKenna (@KaiaMcK) to discuss the week that was June 28-July 4, 2005, with Kaia joining us for the non-WWE portion of the show. Topics of discussion include:
- A thorough look at the WWE's financial report for the fiscal year covering 2004-2005, including a very contentious investors’ call with Linda McMahon taking some pointed questions from stockholders.
- The WWE debuts of Juventud Guerrera, Psicosis, and Super Crazy asTHE MEXICOOLS, complete with a promo very obviously scripted by Vince McMahon.
- Eddie Guerrero visits Dominik Mysterio at the playground, kicking off their famous storyline by promising to tell him a big secret.
- The Diva Search Bikini Obstacle Course on Raw, which was insane.
- Shawn Michaels doing the unthinkable to Hulk Hogan to end the July 4th episode of Raw.
- An update on the JBL-Blue Meanie coflict and their major heat stemming from the ECW One Night Stand PPV.
- New Japan in the mud business-wise.
- Dragon Gate running their biggest show ever up to that point.
- James Gibson (Jamie Noble) has a very interesting experience with a fan in Montreal.
- Antonio Pena's vision for a new style of pro wrestling: AAA XXX/Solo Para Mujeres!
- Matt Striker being forced to resign from his job in the New York City public school system over his improper use of sick days to wrestle for WWE and Zero-One MAX.
- Rob Feinstein getting back in the indie wrestling business by taking over Pro Wrestling Unplugged…sort of.
- CM Punk's last match in IWA Mid-South, an hour-long comedy match against Delirious.
- TNA signing a deal with Real.com to stream Impact while they don’t have a real TV outlet.
All of that plus tons more, so you definitely don't want to miss this one!!!!
3:19:09 Classic Commercial Break
3:55:17 Japan: NJPW, NOAH, DDT, Dragon Gate, Riki Pro, Zero-One MAX, & NEO Ladies
4:31:01 Other North America: Eruption, Marc the Grizzly Presents, AAA, CMLL, Monterrey, Queretaro, GladiatorCW, & IWAPR
5:09:55 Other USA: Matt Striker, Rob Feinstein/PWU, IWC, NWA Anarchy, GeorgiaCW (Oates), IWAMS, Memphis, death of Eric Acker, A Current Affair, & NWA-TNA
To support the show and get access to exclusive rewards like special members-only monthly themed shows, go to our Patreon page at Patreon.com/BetweenTheSheets and become an ongoing Patron. Becoming a Between the Sheets Patron will also get you exclusive access to not only the monthly themed episode of Between the Sheets, but also access to our new mailbag segment, a Patron-only chat room on Slack, and anything else we do outside of the main shows!
If you’re looking for the best deal on a VPN service—short for Virtual Private Network, it helps you get around regional restrictions as well as browse the internet more securely—then Private Internet Access is what you’ve been looking for. Not only will using our link help support Between The Sheets, but you’ll get a special discount, with prices as low as $1.98/month if you go with a 40 month subscription. With numerous great features and even a TV-specific Android app to make streaming easier, there is no better choice if you’re looking to subscribe to WWE Network, AEW Plus, and other region-locked services.
For the best in both current and classic indie wrestling streaming, make sure to check out IndependentWrestling.tv and use coupon code BTSPOD for a free 5 day trial! (You can also go directly to TinyURL.com/IWTVsheets to sign up that way.) If you convert to a paid subscriber, we get a kickback for referring you, allowing you to support both the show and the indie scene.
And if you'd like to support us while checking out the various promotions available on FITE TV, including their FITE+ subscription service, like BKFC, GCW, our friends at AIW and Black Label Pro, and more, you can sign up at TinyURL.com/BTSFITE.
To subscribe, you can find us on iTunes, Google Play, and just about every other podcast app's directory, or you can also paste Feeds.FeedBurner.com/BTSheets into your favorite podcast app using whatever “add feed manually” option it has.
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/between-the-sheets/donations
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands