Ep. #409: June 7-13, 19954h 25m | Jun 12, 2023
Kris and David are guestless as we discuss the week that was June 7-13, 1995. Topics of discussion on this week's show include:
- Davey Boy Smith's assault trial getting rescheduled for January 1996.
- Chris Benoit wrestling Owen Hart at the WWF Wrestling Challege/Action Zone taping as well as an update on his status in ECW.
- Mr. Bob Backlund "breaks" Man Mountain Rock's “prized guitar.”
- The 28th anniversary of “6/9/95,” Toshiaki Kawada and Akira Taue’s legendary tag title win over Mitsuharu Misawa and Kenta Kobashi and it's place among the greatest matches in wrestling history.
- Dan Severn making a deal to come to IWA Japan to defend his NWA World Heavyweight Title.
- Another TripleMania show in AAA.
- The mystery of who owns ECW and what HHG Corp. actually is.
- THe Gangstas leaving SMW for ECW.
- Matt Borne being arrested for domestic violence in the case that led to the WWF suing him because all of the headlines focusing on Doink the Clown.
- General Jimmy’s Militia taking shape in SMW.
- The USWA running big legends’ shows in Memphis and Louisville on back to back nights.
- WCW getting a Monday night TV show opposite Raw and how that came to pass.
And so much more!!!!! This is a really solid show here, so check it out!!!!
1:04:29 Int’l: AJPW, NJPW, BJPW, IWA Japan, Michinoku Pro, Pancrase, JWP, AAA, & CMLL
1:43:31 Classic Commercial Break
2:14:19 Other USA: IWF (NY), NWA NJ, WWWA, ECW, Matt Borne arrest, SMW, USWA, Mid-South, Deep South, & ISW
To support the show and get access to exclusive rewards like special members-only monthly themed shows, go to our Patreon page at Patreon.com/BetweenTheSheets and become an ongoing Patron. Becoming a Between the Sheets Patron will also get you exclusive access to not only the monthly themed episode of Between the Sheets, but also access to our new mailbag segment, a Patron-only chat room on Slack, and anything else we do outside of the main shows!
If you’re looking for the best deal on a VPN service—short for Virtual Private Network, it helps you get around regional restrictions as well as browse the internet more securely—then Private Internet Access is what you’ve been looking for. Not only will using our link help support Between The Sheets, but you’ll get a special discount, with prices as low as $1.98/month if you go with a 40 month subscription. With numerous great features and even a TV-specific Android app to make streaming easier, there is no better choice if you’re looking to subscribe to WWE Network, AEW Plus, and other region-locked services.
For the best in both current and classic indie wrestling streaming, make sure to check out IndependentWrestling.tv and use coupon code BTSPOD for a free 5 day trial! (You can also go directly to TinyURL.com/IWTVsheets to sign up that way.) If you convert to a paid subscriber, we get a kickback for referring you, allowing you to support both the show and the indie scene.
And if you'd like to support us while checking out the various promotions available on FITE TV, including their FITE+ subscription service, like BKFC, GCW, our friends at AIW and Black Label Pro, and more, you can sign up at TinyURL.com/BTSFITE.
To subscribe, you can find us on iTunes, Google Play, and just about every other podcast app's directory, or you can also paste Feeds.FeedBurner.com/BTSheets into your favorite podcast app using whatever “add feed manually” option it has.
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/between-the-sheets/donations
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands