Ep. #438: December 27, 1991-January 2, 1992 with Ian Riccaboni4h 19m | Jan 1, 2024
Kris & Bix are joined by Ian Riccaboni (@IanRiccaboni) to discuss the week that was December 27, 1991 through January 2, 1992. Ian joined us for the WCW and WWF sections, and it was a blast having him back on. Topics of discussion include:
- WCW Starrcade ’91 starring BATTLE BOWL: THE LETHAL LOTTERY and all of the wackiness that went on there with the pairings of the tag matches and the angles on the show.
- Jushin Thunder Liger and Brian Pillman tearing it up on the WCW house shows during Christmas week.
- P.N. News finds out the hard way about messing with Rick Rude.
- Tokyo Sports and Super Luchas give out their year-end awards.
- Abu Wizal promotes a Stampede Wrestling revival without the Hart family seal of approval.
- Brian Christopher turns heel for the first time in Memphis.
- One of the greatest TV tapings in Global Wrestling Federation's history, featuring the Lightning Kid vs. Jerry Lynn and Eddie Gilbert vs. Terry Garvin Simms 2/3 falls matches.
- Portland Wrestling's final TV show on KPTV.
- WWF's stormy year of 1992 begins with Superstar Billy Graham about to appear on Inside Edition and Jesse Ventura filing his famous videotape royalties lawsuit.
- The Rockers fall apart as a tag team after losing to the Legion of Doom on TV.
- Chris Chavis — under that name, not as Tatanka — has his first vignette.
- The complete WWF talent depth chart by official internal ranking going into 1992.
This is an extremely fun show, so listen now!!!!
2:10:16 Int’l: Tokyo Sports Awards, AJPW, RGP (UK), Stampede, Super Luchas Awards, CMLL, & UWA
2:29:59 Classic Commercial Break
2:58:22 Other USA: UIW, SAPW, ICWA, USWA, GWF, Piledriver Promotions, LPWA, & Portland
To support the show and get access to exclusive rewards like special members-only monthly themed shows, go to our Patreon page at Patreon.com/BetweenTheSheets and become an ongoing Patron. Becoming a Between the Sheets Patron will also get you exclusive access to not only the monthly themed episode of Between the Sheets, but also access to our new mailbag segment, a Patron-only chat room on Slack, and anything else we do outside of the main shows!
If you’re looking for the best deal on a VPN service—short for Virtual Private Network, it helps you get around regional restrictions as well as browse the internet more securely—then Private Internet Access is what you’ve been looking for. Not only will using our link help support Between The Sheets, but you’ll get a special discount, with prices as low as $1.98/month if you go with a 40 month subscription. With numerous great features and even a TV-specific Android app to make streaming easier, there is no better choice if you’re looking to subscribe to WWE Network, AEW Plus, and other region-locked services.
For the best in both current and classic indie wrestling streaming, make sure to check out IndependentWrestling.tv and use coupon code BTSPOD for a free 5 day trial! (You can also go directly to TinyURL.com/IWTVsheets to sign up that way.) If you convert to a paid subscriber, we get a kickback for referring you, allowing you to support both the show and the indie scene.
And if you'd like to support us while checking out the various promotions available on FITE TV, including their FITE+ subscription service, like BKFC, GCW, our friends at AIW and Black Label Pro, and more, you can sign up at TinyURL.com/BTSFITE.
To subscribe, you can find us on iTunes, Google Play, and just about every other podcast app's directory, or you can also paste Feeds.FeedBurner.com/BTSheets into your favorite podcast app using whatever “add feed manually” option it has.
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/between-the-sheets/donations
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands