Ep. #425: September 27-October 2, 19915h 2m | Oct 2, 2023
Kris and David are guestless as we discuss the week that was September 27-October 2, 1991. Topics of discussion include:
- Hulk Hogan giving quite the interview to the St. Petersburg Times on his “Suburban Commando” media tour, where he talks about steroid use and other interesting topics.
- The WWF adding a new PPV the week after Survivor Series and changing their road schedule as a well to help ease their financial problems.
- Sgt. Slaughter wanting his country back.
- Vince McMahon getting nailed with a chair by Roddy Piper in one of the wildest angles ever to air on WWF television.
- Tsuruta-gun vs. Super Generation Army feud raging hot and heavy in AJPW.
- An update on the luchadores’ strike, including the possible timeline for when it could end.
- Jerry Lawler cutting a classic promo about how wrestling changed thanks to cable television.
- An update on who The Boss was originally supposed to be in the GWF, including how WCW screwed everything up.
- Scott Steiner getting injured in “a chainsaw accident.”
All of this and a lot more on a very exciting episode of Between the Sheets!
0:00:00 Hulk Hogan media tour for Suburban Commando
2:05:57 Eurasia: AJPW, NJPW, PWFG, RINGS, & All-Star
2:27:02 Classic Commercial Break
3:15:32 Other North America: MaritimeCW, Luchador strike, CMLL, UWA, & WWC
3:43:19 Other USA: TWA, UWF, USWA, GWF, Portland, New Mexico & Florida athletic commission updates
4:52:48 Patreon Preview: Did Tod Gordon REALLY carry Ric Flair’s bags at Slamboree ’94 in Philadelphia?
To support the show and get access to exclusive rewards like special members-only monthly themed shows, go to our Patreon page at Patreon.com/BetweenTheSheets and become an ongoing Patron. Becoming a Between the Sheets Patron will also get you exclusive access to not only the monthly themed episode of Between the Sheets, but also access to our new mailbag segment, a Patron-only chat room on Slack, and anything else we do outside of the main shows!
If you’re looking for the best deal on a VPN service—short for Virtual Private Network, it helps you get around regional restrictions as well as browse the internet more securely—then Private Internet Access is what you’ve been looking for. Not only will using our link help support Between The Sheets, but you’ll get a special discount, with prices as low as $1.98/month if you go with a 40 month subscription. With numerous great features and even a TV-specific Android app to make streaming easier, there is no better choice if you’re looking to subscribe to WWE Network, AEW Plus, and other region-locked services.
For the best in both current and classic indie wrestling streaming, make sure to check out IndependentWrestling.tv and use coupon code BTSPOD for a free 5 day trial! (You can also go directly to TinyURL.com/IWTVsheets to sign up that way.) If you convert to a paid subscriber, we get a kickback for referring you, allowing you to support both the show and the indie scene.
And if you'd like to support us while checking out the various promotions available on FITE TV, including their FITE+ subscription service, like BKFC, GCW, our friends at AIW and Black Label Pro, and more, you can sign up at TinyURL.com/BTSFITE.
To subscribe, you can find us on iTunes, Google Play, and just about every other podcast app's directory, or you can also paste Feeds.FeedBurner.com/BTSheets into your favorite podcast app using whatever “add feed manually” option it has.
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/between-the-sheets/donations
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands