Ep. 75 - How We Handle Mean People
As much as we all try to be kind and compassion, sometimes, people are mean to us. It’s a fact of life that once we learn to accept it, we can cultivate tools to manage it. This week, Barb and Michelle talk about how they handle “mean people”, and simple reminders for when you feel overwhelmed by someone else’s behavior. Follow us @MichelleMaros and @Peaceful_Barb and share your experiences with us @BarbKnowsBestPod or at www.michellemaros.com/podcast.
Things to consider when people are mean to you:
- We can’t control how other people behave.
- We can’t change other people.
- Don’t take what other people do personally. It has nothing to do with you.
Reasons for understanding why someone is acting in a hurtful way:
- Hurt people, hurt people.
- Envy as the root of their behavior.
- Emotional reactivity.
- Lack of awareness.
- Too focused on their own needs to think of yours.
GET YOUR BARB KNOWS BEST MERCH TODAY! CLICK HERE!
* Check out Factor 75 and use my code barbknowsbest50 for a great deal: https://www.factor75.com/
* Check out Uncommon Goods and use my code BARBKNOWSBEST for a great deal: www.uncommongoods.com
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands
Privacy & Opt-Out: https://redcircle.com/privacy