- The Differences Between the State Legislature and Congress - Congressman Cliff Bentz
Congressman Cliff Bentz discusses some of the differences between how Oregon's State Legislature functions and how Congress operates.
https://bentz.house.gov/about29m | Nov 7, 2022
- The Role of Governor - Oregon Governor Kate Brown
Last week I interviewed Oregon Governor Kate Brown. We discussed the various responsibilities of a governor and how Oregonians can learn more about the office of Governor.
In the interview, Gov. Brown references the Oregon Blue Book, an almanac and fact book about Oregon. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to learn interesting facts about Oregon.25m | Sep 21, 2022
- Emergency Board - Senator Steiner Hayward (Oregon Budget Co-chair)
Oregon State Senator Steiner Hayward (Budget Co-chair) discusses how the Emergency Board (E-Board) functions.
https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/steinerhayward29m | Sep 9, 2022
- CCOs and Health Care Lobbying - Josh Balloch (Oregon Lobbyist)
Josh Balloch discusses the creation of Coordinated Care Organizations (CCOs) in Oregon and lobbying in the healthcare sector.27m | Sep 1, 2022
- Tax Lobbying - Jeff Newgard (Oregon Lobbyist)
Lobbyist, Jeff Newgard of Peak Policy discusses the process of lobbying specific to tax lobbying.
https://www.peakpolicy.com/21m | Aug 26, 2022
- Revenue - Rep. E. Werner Reschke
Rep. Reschke discusses the Revenue process in the State of Oregon.
Oregon Revenue Forecast Calendar
Oregon's Legislative Revenue Office
Oregon Department of Revenue Website
Oregon House Revenue Committee19m | Aug 17, 2022
- The Appointment Process - Rep. Jessica George
Representative Jessica George discusses her experience with the appointment process to the Oregon State Legislature.
https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/george18m | Apr 1, 2022
- The Appointment Process - Rep. Christine Goodwin
Representative Christine Goodwin discusses her experience with the appointment process to the Oregon State Legislature.
https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/goodwin14m | Mar 9, 2022
- The Life of a Bill - Obie Rutledge
Obie Rutledge, Deputy Chief Clerk for the Oregon Legislature, discusses the life of a bill from conception to being signed into law.
(https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/chief-clerk)15m | Feb 16, 2022
- Bipartisanship & Bill Sponsorship - Representative Karin Power
Karin Power, Oregon State Representative House District 41 (Milwaukee), discusses principles for passing bipartisan legislation and what it means to sponsor a bill.
(https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/power)16m | Feb 16, 2022