92. Facing Mortality and Feeding Creativity with Spoken Word Poet Andrea Gibson
Are you pushing away joy? Getting stuck in a cycle of anxiety and grief? World renowned spoken-word poet Andrea Gibson (they/them) can relate. In this powerful and personal episode, Andrea shares their battles with stage fright, extreme anxiety, chronic Lyme disease, and stage 4 ovarian cancer. They also explore the transformative experiences brought about by Andrea’s cancer diagnosis, taking ownership of their health, and their commitment to healing modalities that have given them a feeling of radiant health amidst the trials of chemotherapy. Andrea shares profound insights on love, authenticity, fear, gratitude, and the art of cherishing others and self in the harshest of life's storms - not just as a cancer patient, but as an undeniably resilient and wise human.
In this episode:
- Coming to terms with their queer identity.
- Living with extreme anxiety and panic attacks.
- Overcoming stage fright and finding their voice in spoken-word poetry.
- How suffering can transform into a path for liberation and healing.
- Andrea's struggles with an incurable cancer diagnosis.
- Healing modalities they pursued.
- How self love has led to a new acceptance of their body and identity.
Links & Resources:
Newsletter: Things That Don’t Suck
Facebook: Andrea Gibson Poetry
YouTube: Andrea Gibson Poetry
If you enjoy listening to the show and find value and inspiration in the stories you hear, we hope you'll consider supporting our work and becoming an All The Wiser member.
As a thank you for your support, we give you early, ad free access, exclusive content, Zoom meetups with Kimi and the team, and much more. Join us and BECOME A MEMBER ON PATREON!
Or contribute what you can by making a custom pledge.
Follow the show at @allthewiserpodcast on Instagram.
Keep the conversation going! Join our new Facebook group and connect with other listeners like you!
Stay in the know with all things All The Wiser! Sign up for our newsletter for personal reflections from Kimi, new episodes, and recommendations from our team!
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands
Privacy & Opt-Out: https://redcircle.com/privacy