Mind Your Movement to Change Your Mind
“Movement has always been, for me, the primary way that; a. I protect my mental health and b. that I connect with others.” That quote by author and movement enthusiast, Dr. Kelly McGonigal, PhD. And it’s part of a conversation you’re about to hear between herself and Kevin Rose of The Kevin Rose Show. Keep listening as Kelly shares her own slight twist on our old friends, exercise and movement, how they both play into our biology as social beings. What it means by changing your brain to change your body and why certain chemicals excreted through strength training are sometimes referred to as “hope molecules.”
Links and Show Notes:
- Listen to the full episode of today's clip, "How Exercise Helps us Find Happiness, Hope, Connection and Courage."
- Follow Kevin on Instagram and Twitter.
- Check out Kevin's website.
- Follow Kelly McGonigal on Instagram and Twitter.
- Check out Kelly's website.
Sign up for the "Invisible You" newsletter here.
If you enjoy the podcast, please subscribe and share. As always, thanks for listening!