Ep. 89 - How We Cultivate Belonging
In this week’s episode, Barb and Michelle discuss the topic of belonging, and the basic human instincts we all feel to fit in. Both share personal stories and anecdotes as well as poignant insights on how we all can learn to belong, starting from the inside, out. Follow us @MichelleMaros and @Peaceful_Barb and share your experiences with us @BarbKnowsBestPod or at www.michellemaros.com/podcast.
Feeling like you don’t belong is painful and it’s lonely. This is a natural feeling and it’s important to have awareness of this feeling. Name it. Don’t be ashamed.
Barb’s Pain Meditation
I am aware of this pain
I care about this pain
May this pain release.
When ending the sitting session
May I be safe
May I be deeply happy
May I be healthy
May I live with ease
References Mentioned in Today’s Podcast:
- Brené Brown On True Belonging By Azriel Reshel
- How I Learned to Belong by Michelle Maros
- The New Psychology of Belonging by Kim Samuel
- The Age of Worry by John Mayer
GET YOUR BARB KNOWS BEST MERCH TODAY! CLICK HERE!
* Check out Quince and use my code barbknowsbest for a great deal: https://www.quince.com/
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands
Privacy & Opt-Out: https://redcircle.com/privacy