033: Rick Jordan | The Law of Recognition and Giving UnapologeticallyShow Details44min 34s
032: Dorothy Hollabaugh | Enabling a World of Opportunities Through FreelancingShow Details44min 3s
031: Dave Aarons | Impacting the World Through EntrepreneurshipShow Details54min 4s
030: Nick Lynch | Redefining Non-Profit Work through Cause MarketingShow Details47min 11s
029: Milad Yek | Using E-Commerce Stores to Give Back To CharityShow Details47min 47s
028: Jayden Lee | Maintaining A Positive Mindset Amidst TragediesShow Details34min
027: Steve Sims | Nothing Is Impossible with The Modern Day Wizard of OzShow Details38min 50s
026: Larry Tucker | Bringing Hope, Safety, and Empowerment to ChildrenShow Details41min 40s
025: Matthew Gallagher | Creating and Supporting A Watch Lover Community and Giving Back Regardless of ProfitabilityShow Details41min 14s
024: Andrew Ladd | The Connections of Sports Business and Giving BackShow Details46min 32s
023:Dr Taryn Marie Stejskal | Enhancing Hope, Healing and Health Through The Concepts of ResilienceShow Details54min 25s
022: Cole Hatter | How Entrepreneurs Should Go Out and Change The WorldShow Details1hr 3min
021: Tim Bratz | Exercising Your Giving MusclesShow Details49min 52s
020: Scott Amis | How A Mattress Company Helps And Change LivesShow Details51min 40s
019: Gino Barbaro | The Growth Mindset and A Passion of Wanting to Help OthersShow Details44min 58s
018: Kevin Estrada | A Passion for Hockey, Fishing, and CharityHide Details40min 38s
40min 38sPublished Aug 15, 2022 at 11:00am
Guiding you through the stunning Fraser River Canyon is the professional guide and owner of Sturgeon Slayers, Kevin Estrada. Prior to becoming one of the most respected sturgeon guides in British Columbia, Kevin graduated from Michigan State University and was drafted by the Carolina Hurricanes. After enjoying a strong professional hockey career, Kevin found himself back on his home waters, the might Fraser River. Since then, Kevin has dedicated his time to developing Sturgeon Slayers into one of BC’s premier sturgeon fishing operations.
Kevin served on the Board of Directors for the Fraser River Sturgeon Conservation Society for 4 years and was the 2015 award winner for Leadership.
[00:45 - 07:44] Kevin Estrada: Sturgeon Slayer Shares Inspiring Story of Success
- Kevin Estrada, aka the “Sturgeon Slayer”, joins the show to discuss his successful career in fishing and advocacy.
- Estrada shares his story of playing professional hockey and developing a successful fishing company.
- In 2008, Estrada was involved in a plane crash that caused him many injuries and prevented him from continuing his career.
- Estrada uses his story and connections to NHL athletes to help combine his passion for fishing and charity.
- Estrada's story inspires listeners to fight through any struggles they may face and find a positive outcome.
[07:44 - 14:26] Hockey Star's Sturgeon Slaying Side Hustle Inspires Others
- After playing professional hockey for 10 years, he decided to start a fishing company, Sturgeon Slayers, as a side hustle while still playing hockey.
- He has been successful in building a successful business and is now able to focus on other interests outside of hockey.
- Sturgeon are unique and ancient fish that are worth a lot of money.
- He has been able to connect with people in the fishing industry and help them start their own businesses.
[14:26 - 21:02] Plane Crash Story
- Kevin shares his story regarding the plane crash
- The fear that was felt during the plane crash, how calm one can be under those circumstances, and how one's reaction to any situation determines the outcome.
- Fear is not always a fear that one experiences, but rather a respect for certain aspects of nature or a challenge that one must face in order to grow.
- Kevin talks about how he uses his business to help others, most notably through his partnership with Andrew Lad for the Lad foundation, which focuses on raising money for charity and improving conservation efforts for sturgeon.
[21:02 - 27:33] Leader of Fraser Valley's Flood Guidance Association Shares Lessons Learned from Disasters
- The flooding in British Columbia in the winter of 2018, and how local guide association members stepped up to help before any government did.
- Kevin shares how the team has made efforts to coordinate and help with tasks such as medical treatments, debris removal, and providing fuel.
- Being a leader and having thick skin is something that has come naturally to Kevin.
[27:33 - 34:33] Why Money Can't Buy You Happiness
- Kevin speaks about his beliefs that there should be something that revolves around freedom on Earth, and how this impacts his views on mandates and the effects they have on people.
- He shares that success for him is being able to have the time and freedom to do what he wants, and he has been able to achieve this through a variety of means, including self-employment and owning his own time.
- He encourages others to start giving from the beginning of their businesses and notes that money can't buy happiness in all cases.
[34:33 - 35:35] Closing Segment
- Reach out to Kevin
- See links below
- Final words
“Not everybody could get in a boat, drive it and help people, but people can do things from around the world in their own way and it's not just money. They should be giving in any way that they can and it doesn't mean financially, But they should be involved in their communities that create that environment, a good environment.” - Kevin Estrada
Connect with Kevin by visiting sturgeonslayers.com
CONNECT WITH US!
Join our Facebook Group
LIKE, SHARE, AND SUBSCRIBED! Listen to the Go Big To Give Big Podcast
on different platforms.
For more information you may visit:
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands
017: Darren Jacklin | How to Earn, Collect, Protect and Multiply Your MoneyShow Details59min 14s
016: Brant Pinvidic | Creating Incredible and Meaningful ConnectionsShow Details54min 20s
015: Jeremy Herider | The Habits of Highly Successful IndividualsShow Details51min 38s
014: Ben Muresan | Building A legacy and Impacting LivesShow Details51min 30s
013: Amberly Lago | A Journey From Pain To ResilienceShow Details50min
012: Tim Storey | Work Your LandShow Details42min 33s
011: Mark Evans DM | Giving Away Seven FiguresShow Details38min 31s
010: Alan Stein Jr. | Sustain Your GameShow Details50min 59s
009: Ricky Mendez | How To Solve the World's Happiness ProblemShow Details39min 31s
008: Terry Thayer | Learning How to Automate Your Business – The Hard WayShow Details43min 26s
007: Brandon Turner | Giving Bigger with Bigger PocketsShow Details58min 13s
006: Mike Zeller | Find Your Zone of GeniusShow Details46min 7s
005: Darren Voros | From Musical Theater to a $30,000,000 PortfolioShow Details39min 20s
004: Tommy Berretz | Laughing For a CauseShow Details47min 20s
003: Travis Chappell | Leave Every Relationship Better Than You Found ItShow Details55min 59s
002: Jordan Stupar | Making Sales Fresh, Fun, and ProfitableShow Details52min 46s
001: David Meltzer | Empowering Over 1 Billion People to Be HappyShow Details25min 33s
Trailer | Welcome to Go Big To Give BigShow Details4min 12s