065: Michael Unbroken | Transforming Pain to Purpose
In a society where we're often told to hide our pain, being honest and confronting our deepest pains can do more than just heal us personally – it can heal others too. It has a ripple effect that goes far beyond just ourselves and can have a lasting impact on the world.
This is what Michael Unbroken shares with us today. He was once a victim himself, but he'll tell us how he conquered his inner demons, turned his life around, and became an advocate for adult survivors who survived childhood trauma. Since 2016, he's been helping trauma survivors learn self-love and become the heroes of their own stories.
Come join us in this conversation and be empowered to embrace truth and healing.
[00:00 - 08:28] From Homelessness to Success
- Michael delves into his experience with poverty, addiction, and trauma from an early age
- Despite having a high-powered career, he found himself at rock bottom, feeling miserable about himself
- He made a decision to change his destiny
[08:29 - 22:00] Choosing the Path of Honesty
- People who come from traumatic backgrounds are great at lying; not because they want to but because they have to
- Facing the hard truths is scary but it is the first step in transformation
- As long as you constantly show up, you will be able to step into a new identity and create long-term change
- Recognize the patterns that prevent you from reaching your better self
[22:01 - 32:08] Unlocking Trauma
- Trauma can be hard to access and address, but awareness is key
- We live in a trauma-forward society but there are misguided advice about it
- People may need to acknowledge that something is in the way before they can move forward
- The language used around trauma should be taken into consideration
- It takes patience and practice to deal with trauma
[32:09 - 44:21] Healing and Giving
- As someone who overcame trauma, Michael is all about giving back
- His mission is to end generational trauma
“I asked myself, what are you willing to do to have the life that you want to have? And the answer was no excuses, just results.”
"The thing about ‘stop lying’ means that you have to start telling the truth. You've never told the truth before. So you don't know how to tell the truth. And because you don't know how to tell the truth, it's terrifying because it's a new identity.”
"You don't necessarily need to pinpoint the exact thing, but you do need to uncover the emotional response that you have to the stressors in your life. When you can do that, now you're in this position where you can start to seek that real space of freedom."
Connect with Michael by following him on
Think Unbroken Podcast: https://www.thinkunbrokenpodcast.com/
CONNECT WITH US!
Join our Facebook Group
LIKE, SHARE, AND SUBSCRIBE! Listen to the Go Big To Give Big Podcast
on different platforms.
For more information, you may visit:
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands