#KisahKita Special [Part 3] - Malaysian women and girls share their stories on Equity40m | Mar 26, 2023
In this International Women’s Day special, we are celebrating the stories and experiences shared by all of you during our KisahKita short story competition with the theme, Embrace Equity. We received 43 entries from women and girls hailing from 10 different states with the youngest being 11 years old and the eldest being 54. We cherish the diversity in these stories they have been such a joy to read, compile and produced.
In part 3 of this Special, you will listen to 10 stories tackling the issue of gender equity from the perspective of job opportunities and promotion, educational institutions, and family dynamics. Do check out our show notes for the full list of authors and voice-over volunteers for this episode. Do also check Part 1 and Part 2 of this special if you want to keep being inspired by the words and stories of women and girls in Malaysia.
Trigger warning: Stories shared here do touch on themes concerning gender discrimination and bias, schools, at the workplace and on a societal level.
PART 3 AUTHOR & STORIES
- cheekylizzy123 - This is for all the girls who dream
- Dum-E - The audacity of this woman
- Kita tetap SAMA bersahabat - AMNA NAFISA BINTI SHAIFUL
- a3ruh - let's #EmbraceEquity! #AndEquality!
- Ahnusha - I am a fearless woman
- Rheya N - biased education systems
- Yie - Meet our hero; Ayu
- Janice Lai Yi Xuan - Biases & stereotypes
- Anonymous - Growing up as a girl
- Tifa Tifalis - Nisha