#KisahKita Special [Part 2] - Malaysian women and girls share their stories on Equity41m | Mar 19, 2023
In this International Women’s Day special, we are celebrating the stories and experiences shared by all of you during our KisahKita short story competition with the theme, Embrace Equity. We received 43 entries from women and girls hailing from 10 different states with the youngest being 11 years old and the eldest being 54. We cherish the diversity in these stories they have been such a joy to read, compile and produced.
In part 2 of this Special, you will listen to 12 stories ranging from school place discrimination, gender roles, and family dynamics. To find out more about these stories, check out our show notes! Also! Don’t forget to check out Part 1 of this special which we released last Sunday - lots of great stories there too!
PART 2 AUTHOR & STORIES
- Aeva Poon - Gender inequality is like folding an angel's wings
- Poorni Villai Samy - Nevertheless, she persisted
- Mimi - Punishment should be equal
- Foxy - Cerita Sya
- Misya - Embracing equity & breaking the structural barriers
- Nurul Irdina - Our differences are what distinguish us
- VV - Girls in STEM
- Aireen - Maia & Toby
- Vivien Lim Zhi Ling - Witnessing Inequality
- Rin - Memperjuangkan hak-hak yang sama
- Sofiya - Don't doubt yourself
- May A. - Juggling many responsibilities