- What Even is the Metaverse?The metaverse has been a sort of buzzword online. Everyone from kids to adults want to know what it is. Does it exist? How do you get there? YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6UCEoqh4TTdG_2xt5gtj9A
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/edified-bytes/donations6m | Mar 10, 2022
- Learn2Code - Game Maker LanguageLearning a programming language can be tough. Especially when you start to regret your programming language of choice. So let's talk about GML or Game Maker Language. GML is a pretty basic language used for game development that is perfect for those who want to learn a language that can allow them to move into other programming languages. It's also a great language to teach! YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6UCEoqh4TTdG_2xt5gtj9A
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/edified-bytes/donations8m | Feb 23, 2022
- Gamifying Media LiteracyInterland is this really unique game developed by Google that teaches kids about the foundations of Media Literacy. The game uses these 3D polygonal character and environmental styles which is actually a big plus. Skipping out on childish graphics helps to widen the audience. The game is broken off into four different areas which are: tower of treasure, Kind Kingdom, Reality river, and mindful mountain. This episode is an audio adaptation of the Skjema Studio YouTube Series "Should Your Kids Play." Important : All views expressed are my own. No outside entity has paid any money towards this opinion. Furthermore, opinions expressed in these podcast are not the end all be all. Podcasts are meant to be a helpful guide and assessment tool; individuals should still do their own research before purchasing a game.
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/edified-bytes/donations7m | Nov 7, 2021
- Professional Development in the Age of Hybrid LearningIn this episode, we talk about professional development in the age of tech, distance learning, and hybrid learning. Each of the badges/certs mentioned in this episode are either free, available at a low cost, or have larger fees associated with obtaining them. Looking for a specific badge/cert that was mentioned?
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/edified-bytes/donations20m | Nov 7, 2021
- A Need For Media LiteracyOriginally aired on the"Rebecca Listener" Podcast, Host Chris is joined by creative artist Donald Welch and the two take a deeper dive into explaining the importance of Media Literacy for both students and adults.
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/edified-bytes/donations30m | Nov 7, 2021
- Project Based Code GroupsThis episode is about coding and STEM groups facilitated by Chris Hernandez over at the Rebecca School in New York. This episode originally aired on "The Rebecca Listener" and follows Chris' work along with the support from two occupational therapists. Each therapist talks about their active engagement in each group and how their active involvement has helped the students to grow.
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/edified-bytes/donations39m | Nov 7, 2021
- What is DIRFloortime?DIRFloortime is the Developmental, Individual-Differences, Relationship-based model developed by Dr. Stanley Greenspan. For those in the field of Education, DIRFloortime can be recognized as a teaching model that falls more into the cognitive/constructive side of teaching methodologies.
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/edified-bytes/donations3m | Nov 7, 2021